Issue with 118 bird

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AriesGodofWar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Fenton, Mo
Is anyone having issues with 118, specifically TP 18? I have a 50 reading on it, on my 622 and never had an issue until last night and now cannot aquire a signal on TP 18 to get 2 of my local HDs on it (KSDK and KTVI). Is anyone in the St. Louis Area having a similar issue?

Here is my chat with the unhelpful rep. Anyone have any ideas? What is it an onsite tech will do, or is it possibly an issue with the bird? My LOS is clear and check switch says all is well. $49 for a tech call, or $29 with DHPP?!?!?!?!?!? Is that a new thing? I have never had to pay for a tech call.

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you. In order to ensure we are providing you with the highest level of customer satisfaction, this conversation will be recorded.
You have been connected to (24DrDcb) Kim H.
(24DrDcb) Kim H: Thank you for choosing Dish Network Chat Support. Please give me a moment while I review your technical Issue.
Matt Hay: Sure thing
(24DrDcb) Kim H: Can I get the phone number that is on the account with area code?
Matt Hay: *********
(24DrDcb) Kim H: I'm not aware of any problems that we are having with these stations.
Matt Hay: I tried both hard and soft reboots on the receiver and no luck. Was not sure if there was an outage. I have a 50 signal on Point Dish for 118
(24DrDcb) Kim H: This is just happening on you local HD channels?
Matt Hay: Just those 2 local HD stations
Matt Hay: others are a-okay
Matt Hay: KSDK and KTVI are the ones at issue
(24DrDcb) Kim H: Ok, lets go in to the menu and press 6-1-1.
Matt Hay: TP 18 I have 8 signal strength
Matt Hay: all other TPs are around 30-40s
(24DrDcb) Kim H: Lets go ahead and select check switch and then test.
Matt Hay: okay, it is testing
(24DrDcb) Kim H: ok, give this just a few moments.
Matt Hay: It is complete
(24DrDcb) Kim H: What is the results?
Matt Hay: All came back green
(24DrDcb) Kim H: 119 110 118 all ok?
Matt Hay: 110 119, 118, and 129 al green
(24DrDcb) Kim H: Ok, go ahead and cancel out of all the menus.
Matt Hay: ok
(24DrDcb) Kim H: What is it doing now?
Matt Hay: Was acquiring and is not dowloading guide
Matt Hay: now*
(24DrDcb) Kim H: Ok
Matt Hay: It is dine
Matt Hay: done*
Matt Hay: Still no dice on channels 002 and 005
(24DrDcb) Kim H: Ok, sounds like you may need a tech out.,
Matt Hay: okay
(24DrDcb) Kim H: It does look like if we got someone out it would be a charge for $49 or we can sign you up for the dish home protection plan for $5.99 a month and get someone out for $29.
Matt Hay: Let me give it a day or so and I will get back to you guys
(24DrDcb) Kim H: It was a pleasure assisting you, do you have any more questions for me?
Matt Hay: No, thanks for your help
Matt Hay: Have a good one.
(24DrDcb) Kim H: Thank you for being so cooperative throughout the chat session and also for providing me an opportunity to assist you today.

i'm in the st. louis area.

channel 9903 the congratulations you have dish at 118 comes in great , if i tune to that channel, then go to the point dish screen, it shows -
satellite 118, transponder 7 - signal strength 60

channel 04 kmov, satellite 118, transponder 11 - signal strength moves between 62 and 65, picture looks great

but 02 ktvi, 05 ksdk on satellite 118, transponder 18 bounces between 0 and 8. no picture!

Glad to know it isn't just me. All other TPs come in great. KTVI and KSDK were coming in fine during the day yesterday, but around 8pm or so the same thing happened, which seems to be about the same time. Not sure what to do at this point as they want to send a tech out and obviously it is not my equipment as another has the same issue. Any one with any ideas? I keep sending my logs in hoping it might spur a call due to STB Health or something and they will look into it, not such luck yet. They tell me there is no problem in my area, or with the TP............

i was doing the online chat also, before it was disconnected....the rep then called me over the phone, which was a surprise.

they only thing different she had me try was to unplug the power inserter that is behind my vip 622. I left it unplugged for 60 seconds. that didn't solve anything.

i have dish through at&t, but i used the chat support at dishnetwork.com after running through everything with her, she told me i would need to call at&t and schedule a tech. she didn't discuss pricing.

i started troubleshooting around 6:30pm last night and checked again around 11:00pm and again this morning.

the sd version of the channels up in the 5xxx or 6xxx range come in fine, but i didn't check which satellite those come from

vip 622
dish 1000+
dpp44

Last edited:
900-901 Euronews

Problem with signal and color. On an old tv when you would fine tune a channel you could back out of the color band. That appears to be what is happening with Euronews. Have noticed it numerous times over the last couple of weeks. Others have posted similar problems with this channel.

tp2 with 48 signal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts