Issue with reception on Hopper 2k

goresnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
So, on my Hopper, every evening, my video signal gets really jumbled. At first, I thought it was windy, and my dish was moving, losing the signal. But I noticed that none of my DVR recordings had the same problem. Tonight, armed with that info, I did a 10 second skip back. It showed flawlessly. Skipping back 10 seconds, it will play perfectly, continuously, until I go back to live tv. So, my jumble problem is only on live tv. I've got a picture attached. Any of you guys have any thoughts on this problem? Thanks

So, on my Hopper, every evening, my video signal gets really jumbled. At first, I thought it was windy, and my dish was moving, losing the signal. But I noticed that none of my DVR recordings had the same problem. Tonight, armed with that info, I did a 10 second skip back. It showed flawlessly. Skipping back 10 seconds, it will play perfectly, continuously, until I go back to live tv. So, my jumble problem is only on live tv. I've got a picture attached. Any of you guys have any thoughts on this problem? Thanks

Have you reset the receiver at all?

Every few days I have to reset it, because it fails to turn on (wake up) at all. So about once a week it gets red button reset. But the scrambled image has been going on for at least a couple of months now.

Looks pretty similar to an issue I had in the past. http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3633865/

Only happened at night or early morning, and I initially thought it was only on PTAT channels but ending up being more channels affected. Tried a new node and a new cable run, but replacing the Hopper was the only thing that resolved the issue.

A couple days ago I was doing some "cable management" and had it unplugged for a few minutes. Same issue happens. Seems to happen on 129, but I can't say that is the only satellite it happens on. We rarely actually watch any live tv.

A couple days ago I was doing some "cable management" and had it unplugged for a few minutes. Same issue happens. Seems to happen on 129, but I can't say that is the only satellite it happens on. We rarely actually watch any live tv.

I would say it could possibly be the LNB but if the recordings from the same channels work then I'm guessing it's the receiver.

all the recordings are fine, and like I said before, if I go back 10 seconds, the channel is fine. When I go to "live tv" still on the same channel, it pixelates again. Skip back, all good. Only affects live tv. I'll contact Dirt. Maybe I can get a Hopper 3!

Ok, I'm in a conversation with Laila of DIRT. Check switch and all that. We'll see how it goes. Also checking on upgrade eligibility

OK, time to close this thread. I'm getting the Hopper 3 installed tomorrow morning, so goodbye to this pixelation issue!
(I know I posted in another thread that I'm getting the Hopper 3, just wanted some closure on this thread.)

Thanks everyone for your ideas, suggestions, and help

OK, time to close this thread. I'm getting the Hopper 3 installed tomorrow morning, so goodbye to this pixelation issue!
(I know I posted in another thread that I'm getting the Hopper 3, just wanted some closure on this thread.)

Thanks everyone for your ideas, suggestions, and help

I think you're going to be much happier now. Sounds like a pretty good fix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts