Issue with transferring recordings from Hopper/sling to replacement H/Sling (1 Viewer)

CU2000

SatelliteGuys Guru
Mar 1, 2004
Trying to transfer recordings from Hopper w/sling to replacement Hopper w/sling with ethernet cable.
I have selected the recording I want to transfer & it goes through the motions of starting however when I've checked it later nothing has transferred. I have rebooted both receiver & tried to start up again but they wont transfer. I have been able to get some recording to transfer via another hard drive but not direct from receiver to receiver via ethernet.

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
It actually has to be. It is basically just connecting the two hard drives and doing a transfer just like you might on a couple of PCs.
That being the case, I could buy a new H3, disconnect the old one, and successfully transfer all my recordings however long it took. As you might have guessed, I have only one cable from the hybrid EA LNB. So connecting up a 2nd H3 is out of the question without additional hardware.

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
That being the case, I could buy a new H3, disconnect the old one, and successfully transfer all my recordings however long it took. As you might have guessed, I have only one cable from the hybrid EA LNB. So connecting up a 2nd H3 is out of the question without additional hardware.
Yes, I believe that is true.

Reactions: TheKrell

CU2000

SatelliteGuys Guru
Mar 1, 2004
Bobby I have done as you described however the transfer it tells me the # of recordings to transfer however nothing ever happens progress bar remains @ zero

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
Bobby I have done as you described however the transfer it tells me the # of recordings to transfer however nothing ever happens progress bar remains @ zero
You have both Hoppers plugged into power I assume. What was the reason you changed Hoppers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts