Issue with transferring recordings from Hopper/sling to replacement H/Sling

CU2000

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Trying to transfer recordings from Hopper w/sling to replacement Hopper w/sling with ethernet cable.
I have selected the recording I want to transfer & it goes through the motions of starting however when I've checked it later nothing has transferred. I have rebooted both receiver & tried to start up again but they wont transfer. I have been able to get some recording to transfer via another hard drive but not direct from receiver to receiver via ethernet.

It actually has to be. It is basically just connecting the two hard drives and doing a transfer just like you might on a couple of PCs.
That being the case, I could buy a new H3, disconnect the old one, and successfully transfer all my recordings however long it took. As you might have guessed, I have only one cable from the hybrid EA LNB. So connecting up a 2nd H3 is out of the question without additional hardware.

That being the case, I could buy a new H3, disconnect the old one, and successfully transfer all my recordings however long it took. As you might have guessed, I have only one cable from the hybrid EA LNB. So connecting up a 2nd H3 is out of the question without additional hardware.
Yes, I believe that is true.

Reactions: TheKrell
Bobby I have done as you described however the transfer it tells me the # of recordings to transfer however nothing ever happens progress bar remains @ zero

Bobby I have done as you described however the transfer it tells me the # of recordings to transfer however nothing ever happens progress bar remains @ zero
You have both Hoppers plugged into power I assume. What was the reason you changed Hoppers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts