Issues after 2 hopper/2 joey install Friday night

jahost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 2, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I tried to post these earlier but I must have not done it right. So I will try again. These are some of the issues I have found so far.

1. When I try to switch modes from sat to tv it switches back to sat mode. The input button just acts like a return to previous button.
2. PIP works OK on one hopper but on the other hopper I lose the audio on both channels when I try to do a swap. If I get out of pip and power my tv off/on I get the audio back. possible tv problem?
3. All recordings run a minimum of 4 mins long. No way to reduce this.
4. hardwired ethernet works on 1 hopper but dish wifi adapter does not work on the other hopper.
5. Installers say that the sling adapter will not work until they come out with new software. Is that true? anyone get theirs to work?
6. Dislike the search feature. I.E. on basketball there is no way to tell what time/channel a game is on unless you select and request info.
7. Comcast Chicago is hidden under a collapsable sub menu for channel 412. I looked forever for it.
8. VOD channels are not collapsable like the music channels.
9. Hoppers only link to the attached joey. Nothing else. Is that what the summer software update is supposed to fix?

For number 1: Sounds like your remote is in "limited" mode. You change that under Menu -> Settings -> Remote Manager -> Limited Mode

For #5, I have this same issue and live the same area--had mine installed early Friday AM. Others in the forum seem to have sling working.

My software version is S203 NACB according to Menu -> Settings -> Diagnostics -> System Info.

Can others who have installed report their firmware version for our benefit? Anyone know of a way to force an update?

For number 1: Sounds like your remote is in "limited" mode. You change that under Menu -> Settings -> Remote Manager -> Limited Mode

For # 1 the remote was in limited mode. for # 5 I have the same software S203NACB. I will check out the #9 tip later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)