Issues with 625 taped shows some can't be watched?

Lolly

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2006
All of a sudden For some reason a few shows I had taped I can't view them it starts then stops it says there's an 1 hr. show taped but I can't watch them.

Then things get all frozen and I can't do nothing with the remote but shut down and reboot the system but my taped show is still that way when I return so I have to delete it then.

This has happened on several tapings for the last wk now. And some shows were new and some were months back.

I know they taped because the TV changed to the channel to tape the shows.

Yesterday at 1:30 I went to shut the taping off early and things got all frozed up on me.

Later last nite I went to watch that taping and again that show started then stopped then machine wouldn't do nothing then I had to reboot once again.

Whats up with all this?

Press Menu twice and look for the software version your receiver has. There was an update last Monday night and you probably got to be one of the "lucky" customers to test the update.

What is this "tape" you speak of? Do you mean recorded? ;) Sounds to me like you have a bad box and need to get it replaced.

What was the software update Verison # last monday so I can see if I gotten that one or still have the older # version?

Sorry, I meant recorded not taped still thinking VCR when I said that ..

I just looked the verison I have is L461 GJRB N Is the the new or older one?

The new one is L4.62, so it's not the software update. Where is the receiver located? Is it enclosed in a cabinet? These receivers need ventilation and one of the signs of overheating is lockups and problems with recorded programs.

Ok, on not having the new verison..

Yes, it's always been in a cabinet since day one for several years now.

I will try to fix the ventilation and see if that helps any ..

Thanks

I had the same problem Sat. Recorded the OH State game and the same thing happened to me. So if it is your box mine is screwed also.

I had the same problem Sat. Recorded the OH State game and the same thing happened to me. So if it is your box mine is screwed also.

By any chance is your 625 shutting down when you are trying to watch something a certain time of the day lately ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)