Issues with a new HDD on the 211k

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
Back in 2011 I bought an external WD 500GB powered HDD for the 211k. It seems to be getting a bit glitchy so a while back I bought a Toshiba 1tb portable drive with a powered hub as I could not find a 1tb regular powered drive here. Anyway I got the 1tb hooked up and got the 211k to reformat the drive. So I decided to see if I could get a bit more mileage off the old WD500GB for a while. Today, I decided to hook the 1tb portable HDD back up through the powered hub. Well, after I turn off the 211k, hook up the 1tb, I turn it on, it will not do anything. The receiver seems dead, no message, no nothing. I tried several times, trying different hub connections, in case one did not work right. I finally decided to hook the old WD500 GB one back up and everything is back to normal. Any idea what is going on? Thanks.

Make sure powered hub supplies 5 volts. Also I don't think the 211 supports USB3 so hub needs to support USB2 also.

Tonight I fiddled with the portable Toshiba 1tb HDD and after a while, the 211k seemed to recognize the HDD and it started to download the program guide. It seems to be fine. I hope when reconnecting the old HDD, I do not have any issues. Too bad I can't connect both HDDs at the same time and switch between the two. Thanks for the feedback.

Any difference in running a portable HDD with a hub over a regular powered one in the case? The portable ones do run less and I wonder if they will last as long? The Toshiba 1tb continues to run fine now. By the way, the glitches on the old 500GB WD are now gone. I thought they were related to the unit jamming up and freezing at times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)