Issues with dish 1000.2EA and VIP722k

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

donnyp

Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
United States
Im getting strong readings for each satellite and most transponders. I ensured my cables were all tight, and I have the dish aimed at the settings that dishpointer gave me for my location. When doing the check switch test, this is what I get for the results......

photo (11).JPG

TV1 that goes to the box directly works great, but tv2 won't work at all.

Any ideas?

Either a cabling or LNB issue.

I 2nd this but I would also try flipping the outputs of the triplexer (put sat 1 to sat 2 on the receiver and visa versa) and see if the problem switches to tuner 1. Could possibly be a receiver issue but not likely.

Cable or connection issue would be my first suspect.

I 2nd this but I would also try flipping the outputs of the triplexer (put sat 1 to sat 2 on the receiver and visa versa) and see if the problem switches to tuner 1. Could possibly be a receiver issue but not likely.

Cable or connection issue would be my first suspect.

I thought it was a bad idea to switch the connections around from the triplexer to the receiver? Don't most techs/installers and even Dish themselves advise against doing this? I know I was reading a thread on here, where most people said they wouldn't recommend it?

I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get this fixed though.

I thought it was a bad idea to switch the connections around from the triplexer to the receiver? Don't most techs/installers and even Dish themselves advise against doing this? I know I was reading a thread on here, where most people said they wouldn't recommend it?

I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get this fixed though.

I seriously would try the Dish Pro Plus Seperator so that you only have to worry about hooking 2 cables up to your ViP722k instead of the triplexor & wondering where that third cable goes. If you have the Protection Plan maybe you can get a tech to come out & look at your set up & ViP722k. Just PM a member of the DIRT team & see what they have to say about your situation.

I seriously would try the Dish Pro Plus Seperator so that you only have to worry about hooking 2 cables up to your ViP722k instead of the triplexor & wondering where that third cable goes. If you have the Protection Plan maybe you can get a tech to come out & look at your set up & ViP722k. Just PM a member of the DIRT team & see what they have to say about your situation.

Nope, no protection plan for me. It just doesn't make sense. How input 1 picks up both satellites just fine, yet input 2 only sees the 1. ive checked all connections and their all tight. I know installer put in two grounding blocks. It goes from Satellite dish with dual RG-6 to a grounding block just before it goes inside my basement. Once inside it goes to another ground blocking and only 1 RG-6 cable is ran from that point. From their it goes to the diplexer, then through home wiring, to the my living room where it hits triplexer and my box.

Either cable is bent or rubbed through at one point, or an LNB is bad.

Soonest appointment they had was 10 days out from now, for a tech to come visit. I just thought this was something I could possibly do on my own. Sucks only being able to watch and record from 1 tuner, when I have 2 I could be using

Removing the triplexer and adding a separator isn't going to solve his problem. The "3rd cable" will then have to run all the way from the rcvr to tv2 unless he adds an additional diplexer.

Most likely its a cabling issue. Make sure you have rg6 from dish to rcvr and no low frequency barrel connections. Also I would try a different port on the lnb if you can safely access the dish.

On a side note if the system is grounded I would also remove the ground wire. Bad grounds are a pretty common cause of signal issues with these rcvrs.