New May 22 Promotion Either Discounts for a year or Free IPAD 2??

mikemorin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Southern Indiana
Got this poster today at one of our retail shops.

photo.JPG

Yes the rumor is get a Hopper 2 and get a Free iPad 2 with a 2 year commitment.

It should be announced on Thursday at the General Assembly.

Yes the rumor is get a Hopper 2 and get a Free iPad 2 with a 2 year commitment.

It should be announced on Thursday at the General Assembly.
Wow. That's pretty good. I guess we now see why they needed to raise equipment fees - to pay for the iPads.

Are the package discounts as good as before? Or, have they been scaled back to compensate for cost of the iPads?

I wonder how well this will work with retailers. I hear there may be a separate promo for retailers. Wish I would find this out at Team Summit before I read it online though.

I don't have anymore info just came today and i was shocked! Everything has been private, but i got 1 hopper stuffed animal & this poster. Nothing else...

Are the package discounts as good as before? Or, have they been scaled back to compensate for cost of the iPads?
If you read the smaller print on the image, it says "cannot be combined with promotional pricing" "Everyday prices start at $49.99/mo"

A lot of people don't look at the overall savings. All they see us that they get a free iPad that they haven't bought because they didn't want to spend the money up front. It will catch a lot of customers. I'm not real excited about it but we'll see.

It would be a deal for an existing customer to upgrade with a new 24-month commitment, even with the higher fees after May 22. Do existing customers qualify?

A lot of people don't look at the overall savings. All they see us that they get a free iPad that they haven't bought because they didn't want to spend the money up front. It will catch a lot of customers. I'm not real excited about it but we'll see.
It wouldn't surprise me if all Team Summit attendees go home with a free iPad as well.

This is a tough year for DISH as they are in limbo hoping this Sprint deal goes through.

Do iPads work without a digital cell plan? I know it can do wifi, but don't you need a wireless service?

No, not with any Tablet. In fact many/most tablets come with no internal mobile radio interface, only wifi. To use a mobile data plan with those you get a mobile hotspot and it provides the cell data.

It wouldn't surprise me if all Team Summit attendees go home with a free iPad as well.

This is a tough year for DISH as they are in limbo hoping this Sprint deal goes through.

They did that 2 years ago and let us use co-op to purchase the Ipad, and we then had to prove we put the sales app on it. I doubt they will hand out ipads for free with no strings.

I'm not getting that people are already saying this is less than taking the discounts. How much are people saving without the Ipad2? About $350 or so? That item is around $400, isn't that comparable with the new customer discounts?

No, not with any Tablet. In fact many/most tablets come with no internal mobile radio interface, only wifi. To use a mobile data plan with those you get a mobile hotspot and it provides the cell data.
So it is like a Kindle then. Thanks.

Local channels in standard def

Issues with dish 1000.2EA and VIP722k

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)