Issues with HR20-700 and R15

Status
Please reply by conversation.

msajeff

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
Illinois
I'll hit on the HR20 first... I've had a ton of issues ranging from programs being deleted by the receiver while plenty of room is left, 0 minute recordings popping up after I've already deleted the show, and when tuning local HD channels I sometimes have issues with the screen displaying all black (no searching for signal or anything else...it's as if the station was broadcasting a black signal.) Any ideas? Also the RF does not pick up as it should. In order to get into the playlist we have to go via the menu instead of just pressing the list key.

As for the R15... It's been a pretty reliable machine except for a few things. For starters, when we switched our locals back to where we live we can't get them to be recognized no matter what is done. D* has pushed the local update a few times and nothing has helped. The only other issue we've had with it is some audio sync issues.

So I'm curious if anyone has ideas as to causes or if it's a lost cause and should contact D* to swap them out (we have the protection plan.)

I'll hit on the HR20 first... I've had a ton of issues ranging from programs being deleted by the receiver while plenty of room is left, 0 minute recordings popping up after I've already deleted the show, and when tuning local HD channels I sometimes have issues with the screen displaying all black (no searching for signal or anything else...it's as if the station was broadcasting a black signal.) Any ideas? Also the RF does not pick up as it should. In order to get into the playlist we have to go via the menu instead of just pressing the list key.

As for the R15... It's been a pretty reliable machine except for a few things. For starters, when we switched our locals back to where we live we can't get them to be recognized no matter what is done. D* has pushed the local update a few times and nothing has helped. The only other issue we've had with it is some audio sync issues.

So I'm curious if anyone has ideas as to causes or if it's a lost cause and should contact D* to swap them out (we have the protection plan.)

For the HR20-700, I would try doing a reset and see if that helps, first.
It sounds like you are having ALOT of different issues with it, doing a reset will start it fresh.
Go thru the menu's, not the RBR.
Menu > Set Up > System Set Up > Reset > Restart Rec. > Dash
Let it do it's thing and see if that helps any, it may, it may not ....
Also try replacing your remote batteries as well.

If that doesn't help, you may need to call D*, you may have a hard drive going bad, if so, they will send you a new box.
What are you signal strenghs, are they all in the 80-100 % ?

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)