It didn't record !!!

jcarrera

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Florida
I was watching the Florida-Tennessee game today. We had to leave house late in 3rd quarter. I set DVR to record it, with an option for 1 hr past end time.

Get home a few minutes ago. It's not on the DVR. Nothing. Nada, Zippo.

May I scream now. There is ALWAYS something screwy happening with BHN equipment! I wanna punch somebody right now.

Oh, it is also set to record another program which it gets only about half the times the program is on (and yes it is set to record any time, new or repeats, etc)..

Mine that did not record is an 8300HD with Mystro.

Apparently you should be extremely grateful you have no problems...must have a good supply of karma.

Perhaps its because I dont gripe and complain about every little thing? ;)

No idea, but if the problem continues to happen I suggest getting a new box. Could be a harddrive getting ready to crash. Perhaps when the recording started it was trying to record on a bad sector of the drive and just stopped. If it happens with other recordings it could be those recordings trying to go on that sector.

Perhaps its because I don't gripe and complain about every little thing? ;)....

You might be on to something there!

Of course, definition of "little" depends on the direction you are viewing it from! The closer you are to it, the bigger it is. Your DVR not working right wouldn't be a big deal to me. It might be to you though.

Yeah mine likes to do the same. or record half of the program. It also seems pretty stupid how you can select for it to delete the oldest thing to make room for a new recording BUT you cant have it set to save "until I erase" or it wont auto delete. Freaking genious!!!
I must say there in home box equipment seems to be there week point IMO

Yeah mine likes to do the same. or record half of the program. It also seems pretty stupid how you can select for it to delete the oldest thing to make room for a new recording BUT you cant have it set to save "until I erase" or it wont auto delete. Freaking genious!!!
I must say there in home box equipment seems to be there week point IMO

Huh? You can choose "Save until manually erased" on programs you already recorded. and on series you are recording,.

For example, I Always record the modern marvels show on the dvr. I have them to "save untill I erase". But what I would like is for it to save it untill the DVR is out of space, then erase it. I dont want it to delete after so many days automatically. Make sense?

Hmm well it does not delete it after so many days. You can have it forever it only starts deleteing as it begins to need more space. I know the old DVR you have to specifically set that in the settings when you record. With this one, it only deletes stuff as space is needed. For example I keep my DVR around 30-40% usage all the time and stuff never deletes because I keep it clean manually by deleteing things.

ESPN360 Coming to Cox

Questions on Comcast conversion from Anlg to Dig

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)