It is 6/1, do you know where your new HD channels are??

"
VOOM is the first and most complete provider of high definition programming for the rapidly expanding home entertainment market. Starting at $39.90 per month, VOOM offers up to 39 premium high definition channels (as of 6/1/04) to consumers across the continental United States, including 21 brand-new, exclusive, commercial-free HD channels delivering hundreds of hours of movies, sports, music and more every day. "

vurbano said:
"
VOOM is the first and most complete provider of high definition programming for the rapidly expanding home entertainment market. Starting at $39.90 per month, VOOM offers up to 39 premium high definition channels (as of 6/1/04) to consumers across the continental United States, including 21 brand-new, exclusive, commercial-free HD channels delivering hundreds of hours of movies, sports, music and more every day. "

I guess NOT!! hehe

vurbano said:
"

It says "up to"... ;)

vurbano said:
Gee I guess they should change it to "up to" 390 if thats the logic?

vurbano,
although technically you are correct, you are bitching. :D
My guess is that they prefer to say something like "up to 39" rather than saying "exactly 37" (or whatever the actual # is) because they are still adding new channels.

For some reason I didnt really expect anything new from VOOM today. Dont know why. Im disappoined but not suprised. I would like INHD 1 and 2 .

vader said:
It says "up to"... ;)

I would interpret "up to" as meaning that 39 HD channels are available as of 6/1/04, and that you can get "up to" that many if you want to pay for them (with the basic Voom package, obviously, you get quite a few less).

So Voom is late in getting some HD channels up and running. I would like to see them, but I'm not going to cancel over this.

yeah, I was kinda hoping for INHD 1 and 2. I'm surprised Wealth didn't show up today - maybe it didn't meet its goal to start broadcasting today. I have my doubts about wealth as a channel but those members who seem to be the most in the know acted like they were expecting wealth. I guess I'd be happy with nothing today if it turns out we get something great (and I guess for me great would be INHD 1 and 2. or HDNet which I know is a long, long shot; or maybe AMC HD (if that rumor is true) in the relatively near future. In my mind, I'd rather go without anything (especially wealth) for the next month if it meant I got AMC HD sometime in the next 60 to 90 days.

David

mike528 said:
I would interpret "up to" as meaning that 39 HD channels are available as of 6/1/04, and that you can get "up to" that many if you want to pay for them (with the basic Voom package, obviously, you get quite a few less).
that is correct. Time for Voom to move the date again.:(

brainiac said:
Well, I know where they aren't!
And where they won't be for a loooooong time: Dish Network. :D
I severed my final SD cord with Dish Friday and took my PVR 501 off my active list and am selling it next week (already have a buyer).

andrzej said:
vurbano,
although technically you are correct, you are bitching. :D
My guess is that they prefer to say something like "up to 39" rather than saying "exactly 37" (or whatever the actual # is) because they are still adding new channels.
V bitching? Say it ain't so-LMFAO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)