It is a new dawn at DISH.

No matter how much lipstick you put on a "pig"..its still a "pig" at the end of the day..Its gonna take alot more than "promises" to turn dish around (losing customers not profits). I like the vision but will reserve judgement to see how the execution part works.

I agree with you and Don completly... Look at the HDRSN's issue... Charlie promised that over 4 years ago, and they were finally supposed to lauch last June.... It hasnt happened.. At All! Its going to take a lot of execution in order to make up for dish's past history.

On dish's website it says they have a reputation... yep they do for being one of the worse providers that dont to listen to coustomers. While Joe is doing what he thinks is right, They are still failing in my book as nobody wants to listen to coustomers. In my oppinion, everyone at dish needs to get laid off and they need to start with a new batch when it comes to upper and middle managment. There is obviously something that is failing at dish, and its sad to see them not figure it out. It's not hard.

K9SAT said:
I agree with you and Don completly... Look at the HDRSN's issue... Charlie promised that over 4 years ago, and they were finally supposed to lauch last June.... It hasnt happened.. At All! Its going to take a lot of execution in order to make up for dish's past history.

On dish's website it says they have a reputation... yep they do for being one of the worse providers that dont to listen to coustomers. While Joe is doing what he thinks is right, They are still failing in my book as nobody wants to listen to coustomers. In my oppinion, everyone at dish needs to get laid off and they need to start with a new batch when it comes to upper and middle managment. There is obviously something that is failing at dish, and its sad to see them not figure it out. It's not hard.

Seriously, you have a point. They don't even listen to thier install force.

Making and changing policy keft and right.

By the way, be prepared if a inhouse tech comes your way, they will ask about selling you products or services, such as screen cleaner.

By the way, how do you keep your tv clean? Lol

That's OLD & outdated info. The current law DOES allow DISH to do DNS & significantly viewed.

but in very limited situations

DNS...truckers and rv'ers and ya gotta prove it
SV...only where a missing affiliate of the Big 4 is...otheriwse no dice

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

I'm pretty sure that every person that comes here to complain would be unhappy with any provider they were with. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume it's their nature.

I'll bet I'm pretty accurate with most of the complainers on here though. Obviously not everyone is that way but I know enough customers with my business to know that they would complain if I gave them a TV for free. It's just the way they are.

DISH certainly has done many things that can call for complaints (high fees, broken 'promises', the 922 debacle), but I see in certain posters an acrimony and anger that seems out of proportion. We have dealers who seem to hate DISH and continue to sell their products, we have people who can't get over the fee structure, we have people who hate the part-time RSN situation, and many more things. All of these may be valid complaints. But, if these people actually hate DISH and the folks at DISH who try to screw them at every turn and couldn't get a thing right if it stared them in the face, maybe its time for them to move on and leave DISH. Many of these complaints don't come from trolls for the other providers, they seem to be DISH users who hate DISH.

I'm not against complaints as such. They help make a company better. (e.g., the DIRT team is a great source for taking complaints and problems and solving them). I just find the vitriol a bit over the top at times. Why stay with a company that is so awful?

DISH certainly has done many things that can call for complaints (high fees, broken 'promises', the 922 debacle), but I see in certain posters an acrimony and anger that seems out of proportion. We have dealers who seem to hate DISH and continue to sell their products, we have people who can't get over the fee structure, we have people who hate the part-time RSN situation, and many more things. All of these may be valid complaints. But, if these people actually hate DISH and the folks at DISH who try to screw them at every turn and couldn't get a thing right if it stared them in the face, maybe its time for them to move on and leave DISH. Many of these complaints don't come from trolls for the other providers, they seem to be DISH users who hate DISH.

I'm not against complaints as such. They help make a company better. (e.g., the DIRT team is a great source for taking complaints and problems and solving them). I just find the vitriol a bit over the top at times. Why stay with a company that is so awful?

You could turn this around some posters seem to love dish closing there eyes and pretending the problems do not exist.
If no one post there complaints or as I look at them constructive criticizes than how can the service improve?
No I do not hate dish but I do not love them

I'll bet I'm pretty accurate with most of the complainers on here though. Obviously not everyone is that way but I know enough customers with my business to know that they would complain if I gave them a TV for free. It's just the way they are.
The problem is not what Dish gives for free its what they TAKEAWAY and yet still charge the customer the same price (i.e NYC RSN's)

Directv was able to bump EIGHT channels to a higher tier with out hardly a wimper on this board (why? its called GRANDFATHERING)!! If dish were to remove HSN there would be a huge outcry..Sometimes its not what you do..its how you do it!!

I'm pretty sure that every person that comes here to complain would be unhappy with any provider they were with. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume it's their nature.

Im really happy with Directv... Haven't complained once about them, and according to satracer over at DBS talk, they are launching a handfull of national cable channels, Non premium, non sports type. I know its soon, but I think he said they would be launching during the next two quarters. It's refreshing to see a company respond to consumer demand for products and services they currently don't offer. Now if we could get dish to do the same, we would actually have competition that matters!

I did switch, Two years ago..... What's funny is when I thought my D* contract would be up, that dish would have gotten their issues straight... I am glad that I didn't hold my breath! Right now I have Zero reason to switch. Dish hasn't given me anything "attractive" to come to them. Give me three hoppers and 2 joey units, plus full time HDRSN's and then we can talk. In the mean time, I'm not switching from D*!

You could turn this around some posters seem to love dish closing there eyes and pretending the problems do not exist.
If no one post there complaints or as I look at them constructive criticizes than how can the service improve?
No I do not hate dish but I do not love them

Exactly! Dish can be the best provider out there, but they are not due to the internal politics of the company and the fact they have a reputation of being a very shady company to deal with. They tend to play hardball when they shouldn't be as hard as they are. If they would actually listen to people like me, they would be in a great position but I'm afraid that charlie and co is so hard headed that they won't admit it when they are wrong. Its just a fact. Bringing in the right people is what matters and when you don't do that, then you get what you have now... Nothing but a polished turd!

I did switch, Two years ago.....
So why are you still trolling then Bob? You have made you point a million times.

We get it, DISH does not have the sports you want and guess what they have no plans to add them. Thats their business plan and while you and I may not agree with it, that is what they are doing. You have voiced your dipleasure (many many many times) but you also did the ultimate way of telling them you don't like their business plan and put your money where you mouth is and moved to DIRECTV. I think that is the BEST thing anyone can do if they are unhappy with the company. You need to go to the company who offers you the channels you want and you did that. DISH is not going to change and moving forward it would not surprise me to see more RSN's get removed from the DISH lineup.

Is it a mistake? Yup I think so. But is it a surprise to them that they are doing it? No not at all, each move is calculated. Look at NY, they have NO RSN's but have a very high subscriber number for the region, seems as though most of those people don't care about sports. You work for a RSN and are a huge sports fan so to you this is terrible, but to others not so much. Again you put your money where your moth is and made the switch.

Now if you keep on trolling I am going to have to introduce you to Mr. Haller who is the king of trolls. :) (I am just hoping you didn't get lessons from him. :)

Anyways in my joking around what I am trying to say is move on Bob, things are not going to change at DISH. There is no reason to keep getting so upset about it especially when your not even a customer of theirs anymore. Trust me... not worrying about stupid things DOES help bring down your blood pressure. :D

The problem is not what Dish gives for free its what they TAKEAWAY and yet still charge the customer the same price (i.e NYC RSN's)

I agree with you, but that's a regional gripe, not national. I would be pissed if I lived in the NYC or Buffalo sports markets. However, on the national front, what have they taken away that they still charge for, other than moving channels from the 250 pack to the 200, which really isn't that bad, IMHO.

We have dealers who seem to hate DISH and continue to sell their products, we have people who can't get over the fee structure, we have people who hate the part-time RSN situation, and many more things. All of these may be valid complaints.
They are.

But, if these people actually hate DISH and the folks at DISH who try to screw them at every turn and couldn't get a thing right if it stared them in the face, maybe its time for them to move on and leave DISH.
Or, maybe they like other things about Dish, or there is certain programming not available elsewhere, or they have a low-priced package to which their is no equivalent elsewhere, or any number of possibilities.

You see, unlike the popular extremist view that seems to pervade society today, many people are fully capable of liking some elements of a thing or person, and disliking other elements. In fact, they may like that thing so much, that it bothers them even more that there are problems in an otherwise good thing.

That is what rational-thinking people do. In politics, it is known as being a Moderate or Independent. In life, it is called being an adult.

Last edited:
All of these may be valid complaints. But, if these people actually hate DISH and the folks at DISH who try to screw them at every turn and couldn't get a thing right if it stared them in the face, maybe its time for them to move on and leave DISH.
Because some people have no other options or alternatives than to go without any service.

You can't say Directv, you can't say Cable, nothing.. you can't leave a company that would take from you an early termination fee of roughly 2 months worth of service. Not only would that be money lost, but then you wouldn't have two months worth of service, and would still have to save for two or more months, because the *NEXT* company wants a deposit, or because of your credit, wants you to pay full price for the install, or pay up front for a "leased" receiver, etc.

Its a very different situation to be in, when you have the money and the freedom of choice it provides, than when you don't.

On the other side of that ... A customer paying their bill as requested, not being able to use the services they are paying for, have every right to complain about the services. (sling adapter, dish online, 922, 722 overheats, etc etc etc etc)

And to be clear .. I hate the management at dish. I recently had to push buttons, yell and scream till I finally got to Broadband Support / Advanced Broadband Support (? what ever it was called) ... and after all of that, the supervisor I talked to confirmed my biggest complaint with dish ... that the left hand of dish ... doesn't know what the right hand of dish is doing. That supervisor went onto DishSupport and saw a few issues, and when I asked, he said he thought the people running that appear to be more under the Marketing Dept of Dish, rather than Technical Support.

this is not to disparage Dish IRT .. they do very good at what they can .. but if they don't have ties *directly* to Support and Engineering, then any technical problems are as good as left unresolved because the problem isn't getting to where it needs to go.

Maybe that supervisor wasn't a supervisor (he did call me from dish on a follow up) maybe they have something against Dish IRT or Marketing (god knows I'm not marketings number one fan) but its the second time I've had a *direct* chat with a dish employee and come away with the same frustration (left hand / right hand disconnected)

So THAT is quite possibly why haters appear, and why people might still be here stuck with dish ...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)