It Works! (Well, sort of)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Larobpra

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
North of "Upstate NY"
Finally got to try things out today and got some channels on G25 earlier when the sun was out. Came in for lunch and it clouded over and wasn't able get anything after that. If it clears up I will be back at it.

Discovered some things I need to tweak in my setup. (Live & learn!) I can tell this is going to be fun for me though!

I am running a Visionsat IV200 connected to a 90cm ChannelMaster dish. Right now it has the old LNB on it. I just ordered a Hughes c120 flange LNB so I can get both horizontal and vertical. I also have a SG2100 motor but I am going wait on that until I get the fixed setup figured out. I did some playing with the motor on yesterday but didn't get anything. It was overcast though all day.

Went out later and was able to get G25 back, even through the clouds. Turned the LNB 90 degrees and got another 20 some channels. Will be happy when I can get some English speaking ones! We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Russia Today, Aljezera-English, and PressTV are all in English on that sat.
I've got Russia Today and PressTV so far. And a bunch of radio stations.

Still working to see if I can get other transponders on G25. I had 74% signal on G18 earlier but haven't got any channels yet.

ACRadio

Quote:
Originally Posted by satcom1
What made you decide for the Hughs over the Invacom c120 qph-031?

If I had to wager a guess I would say...cost...:)
Yes. On a limited budget since the workplace closed on August 22.
But it gives me lots of time to play!

Still working to see if I can get other transponders on G25.

As it's rainy today, I got looking at the :eureka owner's manual and.........

Discovered blind scan this morning! :)
Found lots more on G25 ( the English speaking channels I was looking for!)

Will be trying to zero in on G18 if it clears up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)