Italian Christmas/New Year's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tigerprowler

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Mallory's World
Well, it's that time of year again. HIFI's family has decided that we are doing Italian for Christmas. I was elected to plan the menu again.:rolleyes: Last year really was a smashing success, but it was mexican, and mexican I know how to do. Italian, not so much. Sure I can do garlic bread and make spaghetti, but what else? I know I'm going to make Nana Gizzi's Spaghetti Sauce and Meatballs. I have a good lasagna recipe. I don't know what else we can make, other main dishes and sides that are Italian. Any suggestions? Also, what to do for dessert?

well tiramisu is an italian desert and quite good. add a cappuccino to that.
i love Penne all'arrabbiata and focaccia bread.
and Mozzarelline fritte which is fried mozzarella

just a few ideas. i love italian food!!!! google any of those and you'll find the recipes.

So far, my list goes like this:

Spaghetti and Meatballs
Chicken Alfredo Sauce
Lasagna
Minestrone
Mac & Cheese
Pizza
Mozzarella Sticks
Bruschetta
Garlic Bread
Salad
Fruits and Cheese platter
Tiramisu
Lady fingers
Ice Cream as a substitute for Gelato
Olive Platter

Anything I'm missing? Any other suggestions?

Got the sauce simmering and meatballs done. I'm keeping the meatballs separate in case some don't want them with the sauce. I'm taking a break and then I'm going to make the lasagna. I'm also making sugar cookies, but I think I'll save that for tonight or tomorrow. Looking forward to tomorrow evening already. :D

Well, it's that time of year again. HIFI's family has decided that we are doing Italian for Christmas. I was elected to plan the menu again.:rolleyes: Last year really was a smashing success, but it was mexican, and mexican I know how to do. Italian, not so much. Sure I can do garlic bread and make spaghetti, but what else? I know I'm going to make Nana Gizzi's Spaghetti Sauce and Meatballs. I have a good lasagna recipe. I don't know what else we can make, other main dishes and sides that are Italian. Any suggestions? Also, what to do for dessert?

Traditional Italians do what's called a "Feast of the Fish" for Christmas Eve. It consists of 7 various seafood dishes. No meat, only fish though.