Italian Intl channel two dishes?

Su Meri

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
I had dish in the past for about 8 years and have always had RAI International with only one dish. I recently came back to dish after being in Cox Cable hell for a year and now have the dish 1000. NOw they tell me I need two dishes. I have asked 4 people in my same market and all of them have Rai with only one dish. I have tried two different reps and still can't get them to turn the channel on.
Any ideas?

RAI is still on 119. When you activate it tell them you have 2 Dishes with one pointing at 61.5 and they will not give you a problem. The Stupid DISH CSR's do not know its on 119.

Other than that, if you had a SuperDish there is 3-4 more itallian channels on 121.

OK here's the deal with RAI For YEARS Dish has been saying they were going to take it off 119, therefore, stopped activating customers who did not have 61.5/148/121. The CSRs are quite aware that you can get it from 119, they will not acitvate it unless you tell them you have 61.5.

mike123abc said:
Of course when they do turn it off 119, they will not give a 61.5 dish since you said you already have one.

Then you just call and threaten to cancel your service and they come install a 2nd Dish for FREE :D

Beisdes that, when they move stuff around to different satellites, they usually send out letters a few months prior telling people if they don't have a paticular type of Dish they can call and upgrade for FREE!

The only time Dish did not have to do this was when locals where moved from 105 and 121 to Satellite 110 since everyone who had a SuperDish was already looking at 110.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts