Items to check before you get crazy

jbull1381

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 16, 2008
East TN
Had a problem of signal all over the place and dropping out for several days with 61.5, that I have on a wing-dish. Provides my local HD so I was attacking the problem. Replaced LNB with a spare, no help. Cut down a 60ft Oak that had leaved out. It might be in signal path, waving in the wind. Was no help but I now have firewood for next winter. One last thought was maybe I should check coax connector where it connects to 1000.2 dish. I now have a steady 68 signal and firewood for next winter.:D

LOL, my technique exactly: leave the easy stuff till you get all the difficult stuff out of the way.

Had a problem of signal all over the place and dropping out for several days with 61.5, that I have on a wing-dish. Provides my local HD so I was attacking the problem. Replaced LNB with a spare, no help. Cut down a 60ft Oak that had leaved out. It might be in signal path, waving in the wind. Was no help but I now have firewood for next winter. One last thought was maybe I should check coax connector where it connects to 1000.2 dish. I now have a steady 68 signal and firewood for next winter.:D

Hope you're gonna plant a replacement tree!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)