It's 5:50 pm in Louisville, KY and Dish is down

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ghpr13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
My Dish has been up & down all day today...mostly down. I rebooted the 722K a few times and all that happens is the "Acquiring Satellite" screen comes up. It's seems to be going back & forth between 61.5 and 72...but no progress is ever made. it remains at zero.

Is this a Dish problem or my problem? Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Ghpr13:(

Bad weather when it happened?

No. Spent about an hour on the phone with Dish Tech last night. Seems like 722 might have a problem. Tech will be out tomorrow. Doesn't seem like LOS problem. 722 shows good signal on 77 and 72, but nothing for 61.5, yet 722 diagnostics said 722 is receiving signals from all 3 satellites.
I'm hoping it is a LOS problem though...I hate to loose the contents of my 722 HDD.
We'll see.
Ghpr13:)

Dish tech was here Friday morning...was LOS problem because of trees blooming...moved dish up onto roof...problem gone...took maybe 25 minutes...worth the $15 bucks...I'm happy!
Ghpr13:)

Now that we're on the eastern arc, I seem to lose the 72 sat more than the other 2. Storms are another issue as it doesn't seem to stop raining for more than 18 hrs or so for the last month.

Now that we're on the eastern arc, I seem to lose the 72 sat more than the other 2. Storms are another issue as it doesn't seem to stop raining for more than 18 hrs or so for the last month.

Yesterday afternoon we got a brief downpour that lasted about 20 minutes or so. My E* was fine until the rain ended, then my E* went out...strange thing was that my 722 just shut down...no warning, nothing...did a reset and everything was OK then...strange!

Ghpr13:confused:

I have had a couple of outages the last few days. Message on tv that they are working on the problem, then goes to aquireing signal screen. I assume it was a problem on Dish Network end, since it usually resolved in a few minutes. I think it was on the 12th that it happened during Prime Time and I lost like 15 minutes in the middle of some recordings.:rant: Luckly those shows I can watch on the internet, so I dont miss anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts