It's a beautiful day in Kentucky!!!

It's interesting how many folks seem to have handed this to Donovan as a foregone conclusion. Would be good for Kentucky, but I can't imagine Florida making it easy for that to happen! Of course, they may be so interested in Spring Football Camp in Gatorland that they might not notice him leaving! LOL

It's interesting how many folks seem to have handed this to Donovan as a foregone conclusion. Would be good for Kentucky, but I can't imagine Florida making it easy for that to happen! Of course, they may be so interested in Spring Football Camp in Gatorland that they might not notice him leaving! LOL

Donovan will either stay in Gainesville or go to the Miami Heat. Why would he make a lateral move to Kentucky?

In my opinion, it will never happen. Gator basketball currently is THE BEST PROGRAM in the country....what would he leave Gatorland for?? No offense, but Kentucky basketball is NO WHERE near in the same level as Gator basketball....so, there is no reason for him to leave. IF ANYTHING, he will give the NBA a shot. He has the BEST JOB in college basketball right now...

In my opinion, it will never happen. Gator basketball currently is THE BEST PROGRAM in the country....what would he leave Gatorland for?? No offense, but Kentucky basketball is NO WHERE near in the same level as Gator basketball....so, there is no reason for him to leave. IF ANYTHING, he will give the NBA a shot. He has the BEST JOB in college basketball right now...

I hear the rumor is that he is going to leave UF to take the Miami Heat job next season. I think that would be kind of stupid but that is what i am hearing.

The local papers here are saying that Billy D. has said that he is interested in talking about the UK position,but refuses to talk about it until after the tourney is over. Which is very understandable,but is interested. Also a little bird from down Lexington way tells me that Mrs.Donovan is already being shown several homes in the Lexington metro area by members of the Athletic Dept. staff at UK. Word is behind the scenes talks have already begun.Whether this has any truth to it all is unknown by me. However I did hear that the deal between Minnesota and Tubby Smith had been in the works for over two months.So if that did happen,hell who really knows whats up with any of this. So once March madness concludes more madness will begin.

I hear the rumor is that he is going to leave UF to take the Miami Heat job next season. I think that would be kind of stupid but that is what i am hearing.

I can see Rilley leaving biut I don't see him coming down here. Though it would be interesting. That would ALSO mean to me that Miami would be going younger...and when you say younger, you also mean REBUILDING.....so we shall see....

The local papers here are saying that Billy D. has said that he is interested in talking about the UK position,but refuses to talk about it until after the tourney is over. Which is very understandable,but is interested. Also a little bird from down Lexington way tells me that Mrs.Donovan is already being shown several homes in the Lexington metro area by members of the Athletic Dept. staff at UK. Word is behind the scenes talks have already begun.Whether this has any truth to it all is unknown by me. However I did hear that the deal between Minnesota and Tubby Smith had been in the works for over two months.So if that did happen,hell who really knows whats up with any of this. So once March madness concludes more madness will begin.

IF he does leave to Kentucky...to me, that would be an EXTREMELY stupid move on his part.....absolutely AWESOME for the Kentucky program. What can he possibly accomplish in Kentucky that he cannot do in Florida? Really.....The only reason he would be leaving, TO ME, would be that they are not giving Gator basketball TOP PRIORITY over the OTHER sports....particularly football. But lets be honest here, University of Florida will ALWAYS be a football school....hmm....and Kentucky will always be a basketball school....hmmmm...maybe he WILL leave.....;)

I would love to see Pay Riley come back home and lead the school to a title. Has any former player lead their team to a title as a coach after winning as a player?

The only reason he would be leaving, TO ME, would be that they are not giving Gator basketball TOP PRIORITY over the OTHER sports....particularly football. But lets be honest here, University of Florida will ALWAYS be a football school....hmm....and Kentucky will always be a basketball school....hmmmm...maybe he WILL leave.....;)

That's kinda what I was jokingly hinting at in my last post! ;) He's built an awesome team with Noah, Horford, & Co., but if they all head out to the NBA, he probably wouldn't be in much better shape than the current UK squad, if they get it done in time to possibly get a couple top recruits. I would still be surprised in Florida doesnt make him a huge $$$ deal to get his to stay.

I would love to see Pay Riley come back home and lead the school to a title. Has any former player lead their team to a title as a coach after winning as a player?

I've heard Pat Riley mentioned, too. That's intriguing, but I can't imagine him giving up the NBA to come back to Kentucky...unless he's just out to do something different. I wonder how he would handle the recruiting side of things...instead of just being able to "buy" who he wants on the team (that doesn't work here...ask Eddie Sutton) Of course...he might get top recruits on his name only at this point.

ramy, the closest answer i can give to your question is steve spurrier, the only heisman trophy winner to coach a heisman trophy winner on a national championship team.

i draw a blank regarding a player from a national champion to coach a national champion.

This is a very good hire. What he has done at Tulsa w/Bill Self and at Ill. as an assistant was impressive. What was equally impressive was his turn around of UTEP and Tex A & M. I'm happy!

The Pirates (and Ron Simmons)...

Cubs and Tribune to be sold at end of season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts