It's baaack!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had left my name at the web site to be advised if and when the 616 had been approved by Directv. Got a call yesterday that it had been approved (check the Internet site) and was told that it was available for shipment - told them to ship it!!

Now I know Spaun makes a quality switch.

But how can they justify being $400 higher then their competition... which also makes a quality switch?

I just really wish one of these companies would make a 16 port switch that is designed for a 1U section of a 17" rack :(

ebonovic said:
Now I know Spaun makes a quality switch.

But how can they justify being $400 higher then their competition... which also makes a quality switch?

I just really wish one of these companies would make a 16 port switch that is designed for a 1U section of a 17" rack :(

Don't you mean 19" rack? ;)

Question: Am I correct that, without this switch, one cannot view programming from the 72.5 bird (extra dish) on a system with an HR20 and an AT-9 dish???

Can a Zinwell 6802 be used with the AT-9 if you aren't getting any programming from 99 or 103 right now anyway???

Never mind. I see that the Zinwell WB68 also has flexports for 72.5 and 95.

Last edited:
Price quote directly from Zinwell, $249.00.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Seems high since you can get the 8 port version for $20 on eBay. Just put 2 together with some power passing splitters and you have the same thing for $60-80 tops.

Yes, you could do that, but you would probably introduce signal degredation when implementing the splitters (the configuration I currently have, 2 WB68/4 splitters). I called Direct and informed them of my current configuration, and requested an upgrade, the status is pending.

I've already ordered the WB616, I will post the results here, once the product is received.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

WB616 update

OK, I received the WB616 and hooked everything up, signal strengths averaging at or above 90. The true test will be rain fade, which is one of the major reasons I purchased this device, to minimize rain fades and to clean up the cable mess. I will make everything nice and neat today, while the wife is gone ( I had to hurry so she could record Oprah :) ), since she has no early morning recordings. My previous configuration, at least in theory, seemed to attenuate the signal due to the splitters. So far I am happy with this device, I also called CRD and requested to be subsidized for this purchase, since I requested it on my initial work order. If anything should change I will post another update.

If any of you have any specific questions, let me know, I posted the readers digest version here.

Now, I'm just waiting delivery of my HR-20 today from FedEx, to test my HD-DVR :up .

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts