its been awhile - thinking of switching back...

johnner1999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
earth
OK the 'short' version LOL

I had DirecTV for a few years, but had some roof issues and after a new roof I no longer wanted to mount the dish on the roof. So i switched back to my cable company. Bought a couple TiVo s4 boxes which me and my wife love! But can't stand the issues with CableCards and well nuff said.

I'd like to mount the dish in my back yard - but have many tress in the way. Then I recalled that the Eastern Arc set up with Dish... The sats are "higher" in the sky which would clear my clear line. I just downloaded an app on the Android marketplace and presto no issues (as long as the app is correct)

So are all of the EA sats "new" now and should have limited rain fade?

How are the DVR's these days? I really like the ability with DirecTV and TiVo to watch shows on either of my HD tvs hmmm....

thanks in advance,
john

Well, I've been a Dish customer for over 10 years and have been happy. We have a ViP722 and it's a great DVR--no problems. We also have an external hard drive (1TB) hooked up for extra storage but really don't need it. (We used to have the older 622 which did fill up kinda quickly with HD stored. When we upgraded to 722, all the stuff we had saved on the EHD with the 622 was still viewable on the 722 which made wife and kids happy--no lost DVR recordings in the upgrade.) You should be happy with Dish right now unless you're a big sports fan and can't live without RSNs. (I'm sure you've noticed the posts re: that issue.) The EA is less susceptible to rain fade.. but not invincible. Our neighbor is on EA and her channels do 'last longer' when a storm comes on compared to our 110/119/129 setup.

If you do decide to go with Dish, send me a message and I can give you a ClubDish coupon code that will give you free installation and $50 credit on first bill.

wait until after dish is done fighting with rupert murdoc, over fox channel, and yes thats all fox channels i believe. theres threat dish customers are gonna lose fox

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)