It's been nice ride...

Where ya going?
twilight zone deedee deedee deedee deedee GIF

Where ya going?
Philo had the linear channels we wanted (mostly Hallmark} for $15 a month after T-Mobile discount. We get good OTA reception, but haven't watched it in months. We've been using Netflix, Prime, and Discovery+ on top of Dish for a while. Just couldn't justify the $98/mo for Dish any more (Flex, Heartland addon, Hopper, 2 Joeys.

Reactions: dishdude
One has to do what’s right for themselves. We left about eight months ago and tried many of the streaming services and ended up with PSVue after trying Sling and YouTube. decided to come back mainly because I never found a UI I liked and DISH offered a new two year lock at only about $20 more than I was paying to stream!

I have been with Dish continuously for 22 years and I have not found any other provider that offers what I get.
I'm a young gun at only 19 years of continuous service with Dish. I am not looking for a new provider but with so many options it's easy to be exposed to them. My employer actually has a decent streaming service that, because I get a fantastic employee price, I actually subscribe to! I mainly use it as a weather backup but it does carry about 3 Bally Sports channels. At this time it is not OTT.

That being said, looking at the other choices, including Spectrum, Direct, and the OTT options, there is always at least one, most of the time more, reason(s) they don't meet the standards of Dish. When people comment on this forum they usually talk about price. For most people is that really a valid reason? Come on man! The price difference is usually less than you would spend on one meal at a restaurant. My son now lives in Augusta, GA. He has tried several different services. There is always a reason, better service is never one of them. When he visits he picks up the Dish remote and navigates like he never left.

Maybe I have had too much kool aid.

I'm a young gun at only 19 years of continuous service with Dish. I am not looking for a new provider but with so many options it's easy to be exposed to them. My employer actually has a decent streaming service that, because I get a fantastic employee price, I actually subscribe to! I mainly use it as a weather backup but it does carry about 3 Bally Sports channels. At this time it is not OTT.

That being said, looking at the other choices, including Spectrum, Direct, and the OTT options, there is always at least one, most of the time more, reason(s) they don't meet the standards of Dish. When people comment on this forum they usually talk about price. For most people is that really a valid reason? Come on man! The price difference is usually less than you would spend on one meal at a restaurant. My son now lives in Augusta, GA. He has tried several different services. There is always a reason, better service is never one of them. When he visits he picks up the Dish remote and navigates like he never left.

Maybe I have had too much kool aid.
Yes, you have. AND you have been paying too much for it. When I left Dish for an alternative, I cut my bill to a little over a third. Not BY a third. TO a third. Do I get fewer channels? Obviously but I still get the ones I want. And what's more, there aren't 30 of the same damn shopping channel padding the channel count. You laugh at price. I laugh at "250+". You're not watching them. You're paying for them, though.

Yes, you have. AND you have been paying too much for it. When I left Dish for an alternative, I cut my bill to a little over a third. Not BY a third. TO a third. Do I get fewer channels? Obviously but I still get the ones I want. And what's more, there aren't 30 of the same damn shopping channel padding the channel count. You laugh at price. I laugh at "250+". You're not watching them. You're paying for them, though.
Those shopping and religious channels that buy space on Dish are not included in the package channel counts.

You don't have to quit this forum. There are members who no longer use Dish, but still give their input here. You get better suggestions here than calling Dish support where somebody from far East reads the manual to you. Some love streaming and saving $, some like convenience and perhaps switch to less expensive package with Dish. Having options is a wonderful thing.

Why would you give more than two shites? :)
A guy want to help out and you give that response ?
You've been a member for 2 days now and thats your response ....

WOW. :facepalm

This site is generally a very helpful place that you can get great advice from, IF, you respect those that are trying to help.

A guy want to help out and you give that response ?
You know, I don't recall Howard Simmons helping me at all ??!! Please show me where he did. But he did take the time to make a snide remark to me -- I guess maybe that is considered "help" on this forum???

Look back at my posts. I've thanked every one who helped me or gave me some info.

Reactions: LQQK
You know, I don't recall Howard Simmons helping me at all ??!! Please show me where he did. But he did take the time to make a snide remark to me -- I guess maybe that is considered "help" on this forum???

Look back at my posts. I've thanked every one who helped me or gave me some info.
He asked if you were happy ...
Thats what set you off ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)