Its better, but......

JazAddict

Original poster
May 1, 2005
I have the Grab List set to a talk show on ch 166. The Timer is set to ch 166, Mon-Fri, 07:00 for 3 hours. It does fine for days, maybe weeks. Then I go in today (Wed) only to find that last Friday was the last day recorded; I missed 3 days this week.

I looked at the log, here's what it says:
Scheduled event beginning (with times)
Utilizing GrabFilter List
Scheduled event completed 0 songs recorded.

Now why would it run fine before, then arbitrarily STOP WORKING?

Its not crashed, not hung, moves through the channels.

Pretty annoying. :mad:

I JUST want a consistent, reliable response. I'll even dump the Grab List stuff....just record EVERYTHING & I'll sort it out.

Suggestions?

JazAddict said:
.....I JUST want a consistent, reliable response. I'll even dump the Grab List stuff....just record EVERYTHING & I'll sort it out.
Suggestions?

I would totally dump the grab list. I use the kill list to not record the random commercials and crap sometimes found. But the Grab List needs some pretty specific words and spaces and so on. So if they mess up or changed it, then you might never record anything.

I usually record O&A on XM, record the whole show, the following show, then the replay of the first show. I then, sort thru the mess of files and only take the larger files (like the 10-40MB files cuz you know theres some show in there) and then delete the rest. If I record more and more commercials, I add them to the KILL list and then they are not recorded.

I find it easier to the filter out what you do not want than it is to grab somehting. Its difficult because if something is named wrong, or sometimes there is NO display for whatever reason, if its not in a GRAB list format, its not getting recorded.

however, with that said, I thought the log would list was playing and then decipher and list if it was a killed or grabbed.

Not sure - I just know I have not missed a day of O&A (oh except when TT servers go down and I cannot use the product)

More bad news. I turned OFF the grablist, removed all data from the GrabFilterList, and just tried to record 3 hours.

Nothing.

I even shut down & restarted the program last nite.

Why does it work sometimes (used to be MOST of the time) and then not at all with NO changes to settings?

SERIOUSLY annoying. :mad:

Oops, my bad. I went check the Timer settings & realized I had GrabList still checked there.
Jeez....how many other places does that need to be turned off?
Here's a thought. If I have Grab list DESELECTED on the front window, and NO Grablist items, all other occurences of Grablist automagically deselect and are DIM!!!! :eek:

JazAddict said:
Oops, my bad. I went check the Timer settings & realized I had GrabList still checked there.
Jeez....how many other places does that need to be turned off?
Here's a thought. If I have Grab list DESELECTED on the front window, and NO Grablist items, all other occurences of Grablist automagically deselect and are DIM!!!! :eek:

I agree its awkward but I like the ability to control allthe different recordings and so on...

Good Luck there!

Hey PhN,

I got every second of the three hours (including the actual show, Yay!)
So...
Do you add the commercials to the TITLE side of the Kill list? Anything ever on the ARTIST side of the kill list?
And now I have "FILTER LIST" checked on the front AND the "KILL LIST" checked in the TimerSchedule?

Thanks for comiserating w/ me :up

Merry Christmas

Last edited:
JazAddict said:
Hey PhN,
I got every second of the three hours (including the actual show, Yay!)
So...
Do you add the commercials to the TITLE side of the Kill list? Anything ever on the ARTIST side of the kill list?
And now I have "FILTER LIST" checked on the front AND the "KILL LIST" checked in the TimerSchedule?
Thanks for comiserating w/ me :up
Merry Christmas

Great work - Great News!

And yes, I place both peices of data in both sides (you never know when they might try and trick you :) ) This generates a nice large list. I also try to see that I DO NOT Add anything that might be somehting I might want. I try to be as specific in that list as possible.

You're welcom and Merry Christmas to you too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)