It's Eurovision Song Contest time already!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
It gets earlier each year now for some reason... Semifinals Tuesday the 6th and Thursday the 8th, final round Saturday the 10th. BVN on 113W Ku is scheduled to televise it delayed at 8PM EDT each day. If you want to see it live (whatever time it is in Copenhagen), you can take your chances with some of the European channels on 97W. TV Romania has carried it live many times, although the quality isn't very pleasing. BVN is looking pretty good these days, unless there are too many strobe lights on stage.

The contest is earlier than usual this year due to scheduling conflicts in the host nation of Denmark. The shows were originally scheduled to be one week later.

Up now. TVRi has it, but I prefer the better quality on MPT (channel label MKTV Sat) Macedonian Radio & Television channel 1. Better quality at 8 p.m. replay tonight on BVN. Part two of the semi-finals will be 3 pm EDT on Thursday :)

Just a reminder to all that the final is happening today!

Ukraine will kick it off and I'd be surprised if they and/or at least one other nation doesn't make some sort of reference to the current political situation there.

Politics, which, you know, is never a part of Eurovision, has already come in because phone votes from Crimea will count towards Ukraine's voting, not Russia.

The voting could be interesting too as it relates to Russia and Ukraine, aside from the usual voting blocks we see.

Ahh, how I love this event each year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts