It's happening again ... DISH Eastern Arc services RESTORED

10PM just checked and see no issues on any EA sats. A few transponders are lower than I remember, but still entirely adequate for lock.

Second time down in recent weeks...I hope this isn't the start of a trend for the EA.
They'll just use this as an excuse to raise fees ...
"Coming soon to your Dish Network Bill: $5 monthly fee for you to go outside to see what's wrong"

--

it sounded better in my head ... :behindsofa:

Yea had issues here on the Eastern arc as well.Complete signal loss for quite a bit.That wasn't the only issue either.Was watching the 722 in the br around 7ish est and had complete signal loss there as well,although it was very brief.Few clouds but certainly not enough to cause complete signal loss.

Also out in Culpeper VA. VIP722K TV2 worked sort of. TV1 error 015 and error 004. Cloudless and moon bright evening. Rest, rebooted, stood on one leg and rubbed my belly. Nothing worked. Waited 20 minutes for chat since phone service at DISH nonexistent. "An Uplink Center is out," said chatter. Great. No wonder DISH is #1 in customer service.

10:50 PM Eastern and still down after 3 resets and 3 check switch here in Indy. Guess it is time to call 1-800-333-3474

Guess I better chk the recording I was making while the outage was going on to see if it has major long drop out. I've been seeing some intermittent drop outs off EA for a while. Didn't think anything about them. I now wonder if that was precursors? Darn I FFwd thru what was recording and it looks like no major drop outs(BBC Am). Nothing I can bitch about at E*. So was it everything?

Last edited:
110 119 129 down around same time everyone lost signal with ea...

It was mainly 129 that kept losing signal...first time I have experienced a problem like this...charlotte nc...clear skies at time of drop out

Any idea why I lost signal when im not on ea???

On WA here there were no issues. EA did have an outage (I have a 1000.2 and a 1000.4 EA.) Granted at the time I was looking at a spotbeam on 110 and a spotbeam on 129.

I guess I should be glad that the installer was able to pick up 129 satellite last March,otherwise I was more than willing to go Eastern Arc. It seems like Eastern Arc has gone down at least twice since I had Dish installed last March. If I had gone with eastern Arc,no doubt I'd be frustrated too. Frequent outages is why I dropped then Charter Cable for satellite TV.

This happened here as well... so happens I was futzing with my antenna feed. Added a distro amp, reconnect, reboot, re-scan ota on everything, and then the dish dies. I thought I blew something up... lol... my timing... stellar as usual.

I wonder how many techs are being sent out on service calls today to "fix" this ? :(

I imagine there's a few receivers being replaced in the next few days from this outage as well !

110 119 129 down around same time everyone lost signal with ea...

It was mainly 129 that kept losing signal...first time I have experienced a problem like this...charlotte nc...clear skies at time of drop out

Any idea why I lost signal when im not on ea???

Same here west of Charlotte.Lost both arcs but the western arc was much shorter than the eastern outage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts