It's Here, the new 722K! Unboxing Photos

Also like the 622 the 722k can not tune in the Digital Subchannels on WTNH out of New Haven. I just get a black screen on those subchannels, while on other ATSC tuners I get a weather forecast channel.
I would say report that to Dish's signal quality (??) department as it would appear to be an incompatibility between Dish's ATSC tuner implementation and the station's signal, but the "main" channel that you receive from this station will be transmitted exactly the same.... The station must be doing something to the signal to cause this though.

Hopefully, Echostar went back to that case design to eliminate the vibration between the plastic front panel and the metal case. My ViP 622 buzzes something fierce until I give it a tweak. My 942 was nice and quiet by comparison.
:eureka
Put a dry-wall screw in the front panel of your 622 and tighten it right up. :D

My DIU page on the Dish website listed the 722k as an option:

Enhanced High Definition DuoDVR Receiver
$75 Shipped
$125 Installed

And the guy I talked to on the phone was able to set it up with no problem. From my online account activity:
02/27 02/27 UPGRADE CHARGE $75.00
02/27 02/27 OTA MODULE $29.99

Mine says:
Enhanced High Definition DuoDVR Receiver
$75 Shipped
$75 Installed

I've had that on there for a couple of months, so I'm assuming that is just a 722 (which is what the CS person said on our chat)...better make sure you have "722K" in writing before falling for the DIU upgrade...

No I don't believe anything is being made by JVC for Dish anymore.

In fact before to sell in Sears they slapped the JVC logo on it so that it had a brand name for "Brand Central" in Sears.

Free batteries are better than not free batteries. Your logic escapes me on that one.

i wish dish would add a usb cable connection to the remotes and have them be able to recharge off the receiver like a wii or ps3, that would be a great feature i think. then again i might just be using my remote too much. lol:D

So when are you going to try it out? I've got mine going and the OTA reception sucks.
I'm having problems locking in so far. Numbers are bouncing around all over the place. Same antenna is connected to my 722 and 622 with no issues locking... Pissing me off.
This is a huge disappointment. Why can't Dish have a decent OTA tuner?

icon13.gif

Well, I went back to sat from OTA only for WAF, but kept the tivo because of the only 1 OTA tuner on my 722.

Selling the TivoHD and getting the 722k allows me to go back to ONE box again.
Ironically I canceled my 722k order and ordered a TivoHD, so I'm actually going in the opposite direction.

I sat down and looked at the costs again, and buying the Tivo instead of the 722k gets me 5 tuners (2 OTA on Tivo + 722 OTA + 722 2SAT), and I get some additional functionality of the box. I like that I can use Tivo to stream Netflix content, and that Tivo lets you pull video off the box. (vs Dish's completely closed DVR) I already converted all of my DVDs to .m2ts files to stream to my PS3, so I figure using Tivo I can make my own archive of HD TV shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)