It's now LEGAL to Jailbreak or Root your phone!

..... Let's revisit this discussion in 2025 :D Then we'll see what reality flushes out of the theories.

I'll put this in my Outlook calendar. Really. Only by then we might need to finish the discussion on TelepathGuys.mesh. :D

If we had more competition for phones, maybe I could buy a nice simple phone for my MiL that only made phone calls, and did not confuse her with other options. And keep her on the AT&T Family Plan. Not Jitterbug.

Radio wise, there is nothing stopping you from taking a Sprint phone and using it on Verizon and vice versa. Verizon uses the cellular and PCS bands depending on their area. Sprint uses the PCS band, but all of their phones from several years back have cellular band capable radios for roaming usage. This covers the voice and data.

The only issue I could see is the newer AWS bands that is used by MetroPCS and Cricket in some areas (both CDMA companies), Verizon phones and Sprint phones would not have these bands.

This is why it was relatively easy for Alltel and VZW to merge, which made 100 times more sense than Nextel and Sprint merging. Only thing they really got out of that merger was the ability to co-locate on towers where Nextel had service and Sprint did not and vice versa.

I stand corrected and Educated. :)

I remember back in the early days of analog Cell phones, that you had the “A” carriers (private companies) and “B” carriers (Telco Companies), or the other way around, and these analog cell phones were switchable between A and B carriers. So if you went with say Bellsouth or Cellular One, you could do it with the same phone.

Hot on the heels of the Library of Congress decision to de-criminalize jailbreaking iPhones, it is officially released
iOS Jailbreak via Mobile Safari is here | 9 to 5 Mac

10x080198235jailbre.jpg

Official: iPhone 4 jailbreak hits from iPhone Dev Team -- Engadget

No PC/Mac needed. Runs on the phone itself.

Diogen.

Paradox-SJ said:
What did you do to fix them or are they fixed via an update to the jailbreak?

Previously jailbroken with this issue: open cydia and accept the update then go to settings...phone and enable FaceTime.

Newly jailbroken should be fine.

smokey982 said:
SO will this void the warranty on the IPhone 4? And I also read somewhere that you may not be able to download new software for the IPhone when it becomes available if you jailbreak it. Is this true?

Yes. It can void the warranty. Have not heard that about the software issue. Sounds like BS to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)