It's Official - iPhone on Verizon Wireless

yeah, but barnacle is a nice app

Cyanogen Built in WIFI is even better.

As for CDMA and Voice/Data Simu..... That is supposed to launch sometime this year. The technology is available and VZW and Sprint both plan to add it as it is low cost to do so, or so I have read.

With NO LTE, it won't sway people. If the matter about data rates many Blackberries would be gone from use being only slow 3G and not REV A. My wife could careless, now me as a tech person it is a major criteria with a phone.

That would be interesting. 4G phones out before AT&T has 4G operating. They don't even start deploying until 2nd half of 2011. I look forward to a l-o-n-g rollout.

My contract is up next January. Maybe I'll move to the "5" then, keeping my unlimited data. Maybe there'll be some 4G somewhere I travel by then. Maybe.
If Apple will make a 4g phone for one provider, why not another? Remember they also make GSM phones for other providers besides ATT.

Also, why not have the phone be 4g ready for when 4g will be available.

If Apple will make a 4g phone for one provider, why not another? Remember they also make GSM phones for other providers besides ATT.

maybe they are. apple has a record of putting stuff in and not telling people. the iphone had an fm radio long before they enabled it

Cyanogen Built in WIFI is even better.

As for CDMA and Voice/Data Simu..... That is supposed to launch sometime this year. The technology is available and VZW and Sprint both plan to add it as it is low cost to do so, or so I have read.

With NO LTE, it won't sway people. If the matter about data rates many Blackberries would be gone from use being only slow 3G and not REV A. My wife could careless, now me as a tech person it is a major criteria with a phone.

I think the real shocker will be when the 4G iphone comes out that its pretty unlikely it will still have a $30 unlimited data plan. But I doubt most of the people who are jumping on the iphone bandwagon are worried about 3G v 4G. They just want magic.

I'm in this group. I have a corporate Crapberry. Rest of the family is on a Verizon family plan. Wife has an Andriod, but I was holding out for an iphone for personal use. I'll be adding another line and pre-ordering on the 3rd.

I'll assume existing 3rd party cases / screen protectors will fit the VZ iphone? Looking at all the pics, it's the same as the ATT one.

Last edited:
My couple of questions about this so far:
1) as Scott mentioned, I wonder if Facetime will work via Verizon's 3G network (rather than just wifi)
2) CDMA is limited with no voice and web at the same time; but if you have the need for such, could you skype and web at the same time?

I expect they will make it for both/all. I'm just surprised at the forward thinking to get a bit ahead of the game, if it actually happens. Granted, some will complain that they were sold a phone with a feature they can't even use yet. Can't win that one.

verizon forms are lit up with iphone questions

people want earlyupgrades to get one.

vzw is going to rake in some etf's real soon

I am guessing you would have to pay ETF's even if you are a verizon customer looking to upgrade to the iphone?

satjay said:
I am guessing you would have to pay ETF's even if you are a verizon customer looking to upgrade to the iphone?

Nope. You would just have to pay full price for the iPhone.

Also when did the iPhone thread turn into an android tethering discussion?

I don't know what the fuss is all about. We are talking about a phone which is almost a year old worldwide. On other carriers it will be replaced by a new model as Apple does annually. Can't talk and surf at the same time. According to Iphone Atlas, a Verizon person said they will fix that soon, what a load of B.S., this is impossible on C.D.M.A.
I checked out Verizons FAQ on their site and you can international roam with this phone, however only in country's that use C.D.M.A. This is why I will stay with AT&T, I travel back home often to the UK, so having a phone with a sim card is a must.
Besides I am not having any probs with AT&T here in the Nashville area or when I travel.
I also advise anyone wanting to get this phone on Verizon to wait it out a few months. Firstly a new model may come out and secondly you will know if their network is capable of meeting the Iphones data demand.
At&t, give us the Hot Spot, NOW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts