It's Official - iPhone on Verizon Wireless

I know.
I rooted my Nexus One before Froyo was released for one reason only - tethering.

What I meant is that the iPhone world is different. Always was.
If St. Jobs tells the world tomorrow that this feature is DOA, the majority iPhone owners will claim they knew this from day one and never used it...

Diogen.

I surf the web on my iPhone alot, so it's a big deal for me. It wasn't mentioned much, but the simultaneous voice + data goes both ways: if you're downloading something on your iPhone using 3G on Verizon, any phone calls you get will go straight to voicemail.

Tethering when a call comes in is a good point. But all these arguments will become moot when LTE arrives as LTE will not rely on a #777 phone call to use data like CDMA does.

As I've posted before, I thought nothing of simultaneous voice and data until I got a call from my wife one day, needing directions. I pulled up a map, talked her in to her destination, and she made an important meeting, just in time. Her primary route was blocked, and needed Plan B. Also, many times I've sent pictures or forwarded email to people while talking with them, ensuring they actually received the material, and we discussed it. It's become quite handy. Not a necessity, but handy. And every other provider will add the feature when they can.

So even if you're an Apple hater, and disparage anyone using an iPhone, it doesn't change the facts. Nice feature, not a required feature. Once you have it and get used to it, hard to do without.

We can only hope for sanity to strike and for all LTE to be commonly defined and implemented, as GSM is today in Europe. But I guess that ship has already sailed.

Could have fooled me. I thought it was directly related to the quantity of diogen's posts on satguys. Hey just kidding you.

But this I think is the reason for the lack of crowds regardless of outside temperature:
That said, pre-order sales of the Verizon iPhone implied a fervor of interest among consumers. According to Verizon, their inventory of pre-order iPhone 4s sold out within 24 hours, and broke company sales records only two hours into pre-order sales.

A recent study estimates that 2.5 million AT&T subscribers — who have had exclusive access to the iPhone in the U.S. until now — plan to jump ship, and switch over to Verizon in the hopes of improved service.

If iphone5 uses a preorder sales process timed a week in advance of store sales, I'll bet the lines for iphone5 will be less as well.

I don't think they can expect every At&t customer to come over right now. Some of those that have At&t are still under contract for their current phones and same with the current Verizon customers.
Exactly!
There are pros and there are cons. Price of switching being one of them.
On average, rational thinking is dominating.

Not like some article implying there will be an exodus of AT&T iPhone users to Verizon...

Diogen.

I don't think they can expect every At&t customer to come over right now. Some of those that have At&t are still under contract for their current phones and same with the current Verizon customers.
Some of us would rather stay with ATT because ATT gives better coverage in our area and our ATT plan is less expensive

Which case to get? I got the Verizon iPhone 4, but I need to get a case. Who has one that they like?

Which case to get? I got the Verizon iPhone 4, but I need to get a case. Who has one that they like?
I'm still waiting for something more industrial to come out, but for now I'm using the iFrogz Luxe case. It has a nice, soft touch and seems to fit well. Don't really have any complaints about it, although I'm not sure how much of an impact it would absorb. Also - I got the blue & black, which doesn't look too awful, but the blue is a little too purply for my taste. Will be replacing it in a few months with something sturdier (I am a klutz)

I have an INCASE Slideon case for the Iphone 4 from Verizon. I like it a lot because it slides on tight but not tight enough that you have trouble getting it off again. If you do get the case that slides on, be sure to get the screen protector that is cut away from the sides a bit.

I'm still waiting for something more industrial to come out, but for now I'm using the iFrogz Luxe case. It has a nice, soft touch and seems to fit well. Don't really have any complaints about it, although I'm not sure how much of an impact it would absorb. Also - I got the blue & black, which doesn't look too awful, but the blue is a little too purply for my taste. Will be replacing it in a few months with something sturdier (I am a klutz)

Get an Otterbox Defender. Best case ever made.

Just ordered one, mostly on your recommendation. Did you do the baby powder fix for the oily screen or did you cut out the screen or just live with it? Something else?

diogen said:
Apple must be regretting giving it to Verizon right about now...:)
Verizon goes to bat for Samsung in patent war with Apple -- Engadget

Diogen.

Hey, no bleeding your patent stuff into other threads. You have your own thread where you can talk to yourself about patent trolls to your heart's content. :D

Of course I am sure they are upset about the five plus million iPhones they have sold through big red. :)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Hey, no bleeding your patent stuff into other threads. You have your own thread where you can talk to yourself about patent trolls to your heart's content. :D
Hey, that's not fair!
I'd even call it discrimination!!:D

When levity and humor turns a thread into a dumpster - that's OK.
And Verizon turning its back on Apple doesn't fit this thread?

Definitely discrimination!:D

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts