it's official......NBC renews FNL

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
just announced wednesday afternoon at NBC's mini upfronts. FNL will be back in january 2009 in its regular 9 to 10 pm friday night slot. no official word from directv about their partnership in this yet. that might explain why it isn't surfacing until january. i'm sure more info will be forthcoming.

also back, 30 rock (which just won a peabody award), the office, my name is earl, er, chuck, law and order, law and order:svu, lipstick jungle, hereos, knight rider. i don't remember all of the new sked!

ETA: directv just announced that friday night lights will begin airing exclusively on the 101 in early october and initially air its 13 episodes on the sat provider before moving to nbc after the superbowl!!

Last edited:
This has to be a first, for a satellite company to pay for a network show, so it can continue.

While I doubt it will bring many new subs to DirecTV, it will be very interesting to see what the impact of doing the network broadcasts as a second-run will have on what are already mediocre ratings.

Its kind of interesting how much support the show has had from network execs, willing to do anything to save it. actually kind of strange.

I think Friday Night Lights is a decent enough show that it should stay on. Some episodes seem a bit too much about drama and less about the football, but I think it connects with enough people because of it's accurate portrayal of modern day high school life in general.

I think Friday Night Lights is a decent enough show that it should stay on. Some episodes seem a bit too much about drama and less about the football, but I think it connects with enough people because of it's accurate portrayal of modern day high school life in general.

i don't think the show was ever suppose to be just about football. but how a small town and its residents revolve around a championship high school football team.....hence the emphasis on problems facing high school students.

I didn't really like high school much ,especially football and jocks since I live in southeast Texas where it is king, and I really didn't like this show either.

I didn't really like high school much ,especially football and jocks since I live in southeast Texas where it is king, and I really didn't like this show either.

have you even watched it? i know it has like a cult following. but i really believe this is one of the best dramas to hit the small screen in years!!

I am extremely happy that they found a way to save this show. Even happier that I will be able to see it 3-4 months sooner since I have D*! :cool: I've never had a reason to watch "The 101" before. Now I do!

FNL has to be my favorite TV show that is currently airing. It's such a compelling drama with characters that everyday people can relate to, unlike much of the current programming on network TV. FNL is smart, funny, dramatic and real. In all actuality, FNL should've been the show that revitalized network TV from all of the mind numbing game and reality shows that seem to be the norm these days.

I can't stress enough in how it's about sooo much more than just Football! Unfortunately though, the show hasn't been able to get around that affiliation. I don't think FNL was marketed properly and in return it didn't appeal to non-sports fans and woman in general. I have multiple male friends that watch the show and say their wifes/girlfriends refuse to watch it with them because they think it's all about football! Well, my wife watches it and absolutely loves it. As a matter of fact, it's her favorite show on TV as well! So I guess what I'm saying is that this 3rd season is a critical one to it's success. Give it a try, it's cult following and high remarks should speak for itself.

I am extremely happy that they found a way to save this show. Even happier that I will be able to see it 3-4 months sooner since I have D*! :cool: I've never had a reason to watch "The 101" before. Now I do!

FNL has to be my favorite TV show that is currently airing. It's such a compelling drama with characters that everyday people can relate to, unlike much of the current programming on network TV. FNL is smart, funny, dramatic and real. In all actuality, FNL should've been the show that revitalized network TV from all of the mind numbing game and reality shows that seem to be the norm these days.

I can't stress enough in how it's about sooo much more than just Football! Unfortunately though, the show hasn't been able to get around that affiliation. I don't think FNL was marketed properly and in return it didn't appeal to non-sports fans and woman in general. I have multiple male friends that watch the show and say their wifes/girlfriends refuse to watch it with them because they think it's all about football! Well, my wife watches it and absolutely loves it. As a matter of fact, it's her favorite show on TV as well! So I guess what I'm saying is that this 3rd season is a critical one to it's success. Give it a try, it's cult following and high remarks should speak for itself.

I didnt find it the least bit compelling. I found to be boring and nothing like real life. Good Riddance to a lousy show. Jerry Springer is more REAL!:p

I didnt find it the least bit compelling. I found to be boring and nothing like real life. Good Riddance to a lousy show. Jerry Springer is more REAL!:p

Wow. That's a shame. FNL was such a breath of fresh air from all of the sensational programming geared towards the attention-less span crowd. I guess that's why I was so fond of the show.

Oh good. I'll have yet another reason to not watch 101. The only improvement it could have on 101 is that I have to imagine 101 HD is better PQ than NBC HD. If it was the other way around I'd have to drive down to Texas with a sledge hammer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)