IT'S OFFICIAL NO FIREWIRE ON 921!

How can anyone believe anything that E* says anymore. The 921's spec sheet, http://64.220.11.101/SatelliteGuysDish921.pdf even had:

"2 DISH Wire audio/video connection ports for interface with select IEEE 1394 products"

So how many times can E* announce something just to change their minds and not provide a published/announced feature. Does that mean that anyone that agreed to take E* for X months can just change their minds and walk away, I think not, but it's OK for E* to change the game midstream. I'm sorry for all you 921 owners that were really counting on this feature, I know I'd be pi**ed if I had actually taken delivery of the 921 I had reserved.

As I've said before, you can't believe a thing that Charlie and company say anymore until you can actually have it in your hands. Too many times bait and switch.

rad said:
How can anyone believe anything that E* says anymore. The 921's spec sheet, http://64.220.11.101/SatelliteGuysDish921.pdf even had:

"2 DISH Wire audio/video connection ports for interface with select IEEE 1394 products"

Exactly. The same document now on Dish's website continues to misrepresent this.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/product_brochures/dish_player-dvr_921.pdf

I am really steamed. What an utter fiasco this product was, is, and apparently will be. Quite a flagship product, eh?

Note that this document does NOT say "(for future use)" when describing the two dishwire ports "for use with selected IEEE 1394 products".

I say "go get 'em" to all of you who have taken delivery. And if Dish doesn't lower their price (I mean "Drastically" lower their price) for this crippled functionality, I'll be joining the rest of you who choose to cancel your orders!

I'd suggest DISH to offer:

Permanent no $5 PVR fee on the 921 for people wishing to keep this junk

OR

complete cash/credit card refund for people returning the unit to DISH on postage-paid UPS label.

the thing has been nothing short of a let down its a good thing the dishwire means nothing to me :cool: now before others jump on me for that i do agree that it was a promise that there be a dishwire and that it would be enabled now were paying for hardware that we cant use i say we should demand a reduced price

I am thinking that people who purchased a 921 should be eligible for a full $999 refund or a rebate on the unit for not having all its advertised features.

I have just filed a complaint to my states Atty Generals Office. I am REALLY REALLY mad. This was the reason I stayed with Dish and did not move to DirecTV.

So is the 922 going to support dish wire/firewire? Sounds like a good chance to correct that hardware issue if this is a new receiver. Of course that would piss a lot of people off now that have 921s, but really, those people should not of been counting on having dishwire support based on Dish track record.

good for u and i would suggest everybody who has bought one do the same
and to marko dish listed the dishwire as a feature and on the chat said it would be activated soon thats y a bunch of people went from there 6000 to the 921

beast37799 said:
good for u and i would suggest everybody who has bought one do the same
and to marko dish listed the dishwire as a feature and on the chat said it would be activated soon thats y a bunch of people went from there 6000 to the 921

hmmm, yeah, it is a bad situation any way you look at it. It is one thing to ship a product with firewire, and never support, but if they were saying on the chat that it would be enabled soon....that is bad.

customhank said:
I am thinking that people who purchased a 921 should be eligible for a full $999 refund or a rebate on the unit for not having all its advertised features.

I have just filed a complaint to my states Atty Generals Office. I am REALLY REALLY mad. This was the reason I stayed with Dish and did not move to DirecTV.

Good luck with that :rolleyes:

From the Dish Residential Customer Service Agreement:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/aboutus/RCA/index.shtml

A. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INTERRUPTIONS IN SERVICE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY OR FAILURE TO PERFORM, IF SUCH DELAY OR NONPERFORMANCE ARISES IN CONNECTION WITH THE TERMINATION OF ALL OR A PORTION OF THE SERVICES, THE RELOCATION OF ALL OR A PORTION OF THE SERVICES TO DIFFERENT SATELLITE(S), A CHANGE IN THE FEATURES AVAILABLE WITH YOUR DISH NETWORK DBS EQUIPMENT OR ANY ACTS OF GOD, FIRES, EARTHQUAKES, FLOODS, POWER OR TECHNICAL FAILURE, ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENTAL BODY OR ANY OTHER CAUSE BEYOND OUR CONTROL. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF RECORDED MATERIAL OR THE PREVENTION OF RECORDING DUE TO ANY FAULT, FAILURE, DEFICIENCY OR DEFECT IN SERVICES OR EQUIPMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE DISH NETWORK DBS EQUIPMENT OR ANY SERVICES FURNISHED TO YOU. ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RELATING TO THE DBS EQUIPMENT OR RESULTING FROM OUR FURNISHING OR FAILURE TO FURNISH ANY SERVICES OR EQUIPMENT TO YOU, OR FROM ANY FAULT, FAILURE, DEFICIENCY OR DEFECT IN SERVICES OR EQUIPMENT FURNISHED TO YOU.

If it is a hardware fault/flaw...FIX IT! If you buy something and part of it is broken and does not work, they fix it or give you a new one that does work. What the hell is this crap! I recall shortly after release that the software for dishwire was set to go and worked but was not to be released yet because they wanted to stabilize other problems first so we would not see it until spring. I smell Bullsh!t. Charlie bend over and I will show you what you can do with this friggin thing.
This is really unfortunate because I really like the clunker restarts and all. I watch tons of HD now. But this really burns my ass!
FREAK!

NightRyder said:
Good luck with that :rolleyes:

From the Dish Residential Customer Service Agreement:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/aboutus/RCA/index.shtml

A. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INTERRUPTIONS IN SERVICE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY OR FAILURE TO PERFORM, IF SUCH DELAY OR NONPERFORMANCE ARISES IN CONNECTION WITH THE TERMINATION OF ALL OR A PORTION OF THE SERVICES, THE RELOCATION OF ALL OR A PORTION OF THE SERVICES TO DIFFERENT SATELLITE(S), A CHANGE IN THE FEATURES AVAILABLE WITH YOUR DISH NETWORK DBS EQUIPMENT OR ANY ACTS OF GOD, FIRES, EARTHQUAKES, FLOODS, POWER OR TECHNICAL FAILURE, ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENTAL BODY OR ANY OTHER CAUSE BEYOND OUR CONTROL. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF RECORDED MATERIAL OR THE PREVENTION OF RECORDING DUE TO ANY FAULT, FAILURE, DEFICIENCY OR DEFECT IN SERVICES OR EQUIPMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE DISH NETWORK DBS EQUIPMENT OR ANY SERVICES FURNISHED TO YOU. ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RELATING TO THE DBS EQUIPMENT OR RESULTING FROM OUR FURNISHING OR FAILURE TO FURNISH ANY SERVICES OR EQUIPMENT TO YOU, OR FROM ANY FAULT, FAILURE, DEFICIENCY OR DEFECT IN SERVICES OR EQUIPMENT FURNISHED TO YOU.

In consumer-friendly states, one cannot forfiet his basic consumers' rights by agrreing to one of these BS agrrements. I would think that in those states, a consumer will be allowed to return the item in question (in this case, a 921) for a full refund, if it does not do what it was promised, especially if there is written and verbal promises made as to its features and abilities, as found in Dish's literature and Charlie Chats.

beast37799 said:
if u can sue for spilling coffe on yourself or smoking for 30 plus years u can sue for this

Yeah, and in the end the lawyers get rich, and the most everyone will end up with is a free Dish PPV coupon 10 years from now :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not siding with Dish on this in any way, but class action lawsuits are worthless BS.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)