IT'S OFFICIAL NO FIREWIRE ON 921!

metallicafreak said:
I wish I could have gone the directv way but I can't stomach another install. FREAK!

I did switch and they did my directv install last friday.
Guy showed up at exactly 8:00 AM as promised , I told him I wanted both of the curent cable runs (that used to go to my now sold 921) hooked to the new triple lnb dish he was going to swap for the dish 500 because I was getting an HD TIVO within a week or so.

He did not like the grounding (I had done the DISH install myself) and properly grounded the dish.

30 minutes after he arrived, he called Directv and I activated service.

The whole thing was free.

Point is that there is nothing to stomach. I have nothing but praise for how simple the whole thing went.

Joe

I just got the Motorola box installed today, Had to go back to work so I don't know its limitations but I did test the firewire to DVHS and it made perfect copies, The 6208 is a DVR so it should be easy to copy or archive to DVHS, no content protection here. I am with Mediacomm here in Missouri. The 921 really disappointed me. I still don't understand, It's a JVC box and JVC makes DVHS and they don't know how to make the firewire work, How screwed up does that sound?

Lex, I agree about the make it work thing. I can't say I am totaly disappointed with the 921. It has not givien me the troubles many others have had BUT I bought it primarily for the firewire archiving. I also bought the JVC 30K because the 921 would work with it. In about 1 week, I should have a 6208 from comcast. I will return my 921 for refund and kiss dish COMPLETELY good bye!
FREAK!

ya, actually Motorola is supposed to have a bomb box out this summer, the 6400 series, dual tuner and bigger hard drive and of course firewire, the 6208 does have some glitching and tiling problems with HD material but not with SD stuff, I am hoping the 6400 is the dream box we have all been waiting for. really though dude, I just can't believe that those engineers were sleeping while designing the 921 like everyone says they were, how could that big of a mistake been made? Something else has to be going on too, the 921 is a good box but not the one I was hoping for.

Joe Q said:
I did switch and they did my directv install last friday.
Guy showed up at exactly 8:00 AM as promised , I told him I wanted both of the curent cable runs (that used to go to my now sold 921) hooked to the new triple lnb dish he was going to swap for the dish 500 because I was getting an HD TIVO within a week or so.

He did not like the grounding (I had done the DISH install myself) and properly grounded the dish.

30 minutes after he arrived, he called Directv and I activated service.

The whole thing was free.

Point is that there is nothing to stomach. I have nothing but praise for how simple the whole thing went.

Joe

Joe, how / who did you deal with for the free d*dish and install?

During the broadcast of the recent tech forum one of the engineers said that they are discontinuing the support for the dishwire because of the content copyrighting and the compatibility of different devices, but he said they haven't given up on the dishwire and maybe some future proposes and maybe archiving, any one know more about this?
Thanks-
Alex

This is what is shipping in the boxes with the new 921 recivers:

Attachments

• 921 User Guide Supplement.jpg
    921 User Guide Supplement.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 277
Whoa! That is f'd up!
Well, here is another official announcement: I am no longer a dish subscriber and my 921 is in the process of being return to DIsh for a refund. Sold my 6000 on ebay (and made a nice little profit! They are a hot commodity over there) and ended my service yesterday. I am officially 100% a comcast customer.
6 years with D(dishonest)ish has ended. They actually offered me a free month to stay on. Nope.
See ya!
FREAK!

metallicafreak said:
Whoa! That is f'd up!
Well, here is another official announcement: I am no longer a dish subscriber and my 921 is in the process of being return to DIsh for a refund. Sold my 6000 on ebay (and made a nice little profit! They are a hot commodity over there) and ended my service yesterday. I am officially 100% a comcast customer.
6 years with D(dishonest)ish has ended. They actually offered me a free month to stay on. Nope.
See ya!
FREAK!

Freak, did you turn in any of your DBS hardware for the Comcast rebate? Our system gave $25 per month for 16 months if you came from DBS (E* or D*).

Yup, I got the $25 for 16 months deal. I didn't have to give in anything though. The installer was sub contracted and had no idea what dish buy back / win back was. I ahd bought a D* receiver for $0.99 just in case because at that point, I was going to hold on top dish for a bit...now I am totally done with them.
FREAK!

Why return the 921 to E*. You can fetch a 200-400 profit on EBay (or even here for those who have been desperate to grab one warts and all...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts