Its official Torre out if he cant win the world series according to yahoo sports.

No....I never thought he was stupid...just greedy and spoiled....an "I want it NOW" type of person. And wait till A-Rod leave....then he will be in deep trouble. The real problem to me has been the decisions made by the GM when it has come to pitching trades/free agents.

Agreed Salsa. Over-the-hill & over paid will get you nowhere.

George S. is an ahole. Maybe Torre goes to the Pirates!? :D

Are you kidding?, why would he want to go to the Pirates, Tracy couldn't get the job done, Torre is like him, needs good veteran players to do a good job. The Pirates need a young manager who might bring some excitement to the club house, anyway it might be another 15 years till they reach 500.:rolleyes:

IMHO look for Torey Lovullo Buffalo Bison's manager or Joel Skinner the Indians 3rd base coach as the next manager of the Pirates.

Yankees Lose!!! Yankees Lose!!! Yankees Lose!!! Yankees Lose!!!:D Well so far every team that I wanted to lose lost, Yankees and Cubs, up next the Indians. I was rooting for the Angels but it didn't bother me that they lost, I don't hate the Red Sox. I'm hoping for the Rockies and Red Sox in World Series.:)

Yankees Lose!!! Yankees Lose!!! Yankees Lose!!! Yankees Lose!!!:D Well so far every team that I wanted to lose lost, Yankees and Cubs, up next the Indians. I was rooting for the Angels but it didn't bother me that they lost, I don't hate the Red Sox. I'm hoping for the Rockies and Red Sox in World Series.:)

Cybok,

You forgot one word in your quote, it should look like this:
TTTTHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEE Yankees lose,
TTTTTTHHHHHHHHEEEEEE Yankees Lose
TTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES Lose

Jimbo

Are you kidding?, why would he want to go to the Pirates, Tracy couldn't get the job done, Torre is like him, needs good veteran players to do a good job. The Pirates need a young manager who might bring some excitement to the club house, anyway it might be another 15 years till they reach 500.:rolleyes:

IMHO look for Torey Lovullo Buffalo Bison's manager or Joel Skinner the Indians 3rd base coach as the next manager of the Pirates.

Yeah, I was kidding. From the rumor mill I hear Skinner's getting an offer as soon as the Tribe is done. As a devoted Pirate fan for many, many years (gotta admit it's getting harder though), I like Skinner as the next choice. I feel for him however, at least until the Pirate management gets their act together.

Yeah, I was kidding. From the rumor mill I hear Skinner's getting an offer as soon as the Tribe is done. As a devoted Pirate fan for many, many years (gotta admit it's getting harder though), I like Skinner as the next choice. I feel for him however, at least until the Pirate management gets their act together.

A lot of the reporters here in Pittsburgh are saying that Torey Lovullo could possibly pass up Skinner. Either way, the new GM seems to want to raid the Indians franchise.

The Genie is out of the bottle :) A-Rod got a hit and the Yanks are going to explode. Looks like another championship for the Bronx Bombers :p Red Sox are going to be our next victims as we Re-start The Curse.:eek:

Go Yanks!!!!! BB468

Maybe the curse just moved to NY. No NY team has won a world championship since that series in 204. But don't worry these things only last 86 years. You can wait it out.

Does anyone think LaRussa could be the next manager for the Yankees?

With the money George will likely be tossing around if he axes Torre, it's a possibility. The Reds may make a run at Larussa too - their owner/CEO was once a minority share holder in St. Louis. Their GM said Mackanin (interim manager) is "definitely a candidate" for manager next year - translation: his arse is gone.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)