It's somewhat like a DISH screensaver...

BengalsFan24

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
Hey Guys,

Not quite sure what is going on here but me and the wife normally fall asleep with the television on. In fact, she'll have it tuned to automatically turn to certain programs through the night. Regardless, I've noticed in the past few mornings (when I have been the first to wake up) that a DISH Network logo is floating around on a black background with the words, "Push Select" directly underneath the logo. Is this some kind of change DISH has recently made or, for some bizarre reason, has it just finally started happening on my receiver when it should have been happening all along? Alright... Well, thanks for any info and I hope you'll all be watching the Falcons and Cowboys tomorrow night!

It's a "Inactivity Standby" mode. Aka Screensaver. Puts the reciever into standby mode, allowing it to download guide and software. The same thing basically as turning your reciever 'off', but with a screensaver thrown in.

It's been around forever on a lot of recievers, but only was recently activated on the 301/311. That may be why you only just now see it.

how do you turn it off

i like to record my shows while i sleep and this stand-by screen saver is making me miss my late shows, will this last much longer (the updating and downloading)? thx anyone for the help

on the 301/311 & 811 its menu 6-1-2 to turn it off

I had to turn it off on my dad's 3 boxes, my buddy's, and my grandma's 2 boxes (and my 811)...once you do that it doesn't pop up a screensaver :)

If you turn off the option and never turn your receiver off at night (or at least leave it on during the upgrade cycle time), I believe you will miss out on the software and program guide updates. At least that is the way I understand it -- I could be wrong on this, though.

-TS