Its time like this, wish I was a dealer again. A guy will pay 20% more for 921

ken

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
I just finished the design and install of a new $25,000 home theater for a customer and now he is pissed that he can't use most of it because the 921's are not available. I looked all over the place for a new 921 with no luck so now he said he will pay $1200.00 plus s&h just to get a new one. It's times like this when I wished I had stayed with E* but then I think back and come to my senses. I hope this mess gets cleared up soon so the dealers can get more than 1 or 2 at a time.

even this guy is not nuts enough to pay the going price of $1500

I got mine new on Ebay for $1150.00.

It was worth $150 extra to me not to have to wait 4 or 5 months till they become available in the retail pipeline.

Some will say I'm stupid for paying more than retail but I also figure I saved $82.50 in tax if I had bought from a local retailer.

Anyway, I am now the proud owner of a 921 and watching and recording HD to my hearts content. :D :D :D

And of course, the retailer might've up-charged you some anyway. I think you did well actually. :)

I got real lucky with my local guy - straight retail, sales tax, no shipping.

If anyone sees a new 921 for about $1200 please let me know.

DISH lost another one. My customer gave up on E* and went with HD Tivo.

Not all retailers can even get a 921's themselves to sell to their customers, myself included. I think some of it depends on your supplier and where you are at.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts