It's Time to Take a Stand on HD

ohio_caps

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
I posted the below message about the Disney fiasco, come on we have been screwed enough.

Did we pay more from B&W to Color. No (just the early adopters). In the computer industry moore's law is in effect. Double capabilities every two years, same price or better.

I am tired of the BS. What is this HD law called GREED? I have had HD for MANY years, early adoption is over, it's main stream.

There is NO F'N WAY we should be paying for better technology. It's part of business.........

its called free HD for life... or now you get Free HD - SD versions... ie HD net ... in SD... that is the biggest laugh ever.

Dude, cancel your subscription to Dish and tell them it is because of the Disney "fiasco." That is the only way any company really listens or cares what you think. Hit them in the pocket book! Then those of us on the Dish Network part of the forum don't have to wade through your routine as a shill for [place the the name of any Dish competitor, but most likely DirecTV].

DishSubLA said:
Dude, cancel your subscription to Dish and tell them it is because of the Disney "fiasco." That is the only way any company really listens or cares what you think. Hit them in the pocket book! Then those of us on the Dish Network part of the forum don't have to wade through your routine as a shill for [place the the name of any Dish competitor, but most likely DirecTV].

I think he was talking about programers asking for an extra fee for the hd feed of the same program in sd.

If you ask the average Joe on the street what HD is? they will give you the correct response of High Definition. But if you ask them to explain what it is? Thats where they get lost.
Most people who think of HD , think it only applies to big screen tv's. And the older the person is, the weirder the reply's get. Some swear it causes cancer, others have been told by friends that its just a waste of money.
It's not the technology, its the culture. Americans are not known for being progressive and easy to accept change. While the rest of the world was enjoying color television and cinemas, we had to have debates and years of studies to say it was safe.
When the rest of the modern world had switched to the 16x9 format, we had to let our politicians get involved, then nearly a decade later we started changing to widescreens.

Not really sure why were this way, we just are.

I have several elderly customers whose house's are filled with HD sets. But they prefer to watch the sd stations. They say the HD gives them headaches and hurts their eye's.

I think he was talking about programers asking for an extra fee for the hd feed of the same program in sd.

Oh, well, I didn't see that. Thanks. Still, however, it is futile because the programmers are still greedy SOB's who don't care about anything except their own avarice. Dish and others are going to have to drop a lot of channels, in HD or not, before we can see any control on the prices sat, cable, FiOS, or IP pay for them. Again that is all about hitting the channels in the pocketbook, and until then, they just don't care what we think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)