Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Welcome to Wednesday which is normally Dish Network Uplink Day!

As every Wednesday rolls around we always get someone who posts "Wheres the uplink today?"

So to answer that question now the uplinks happen anywhere from 1pm to 5pm ET. So if the channels you are expecting haven't lit up yet don't worry as Dish always does their uplinks in the afternoon.

Welcome to Wednesday which is normally Dish Network Uplink Day!

As every Wednesday rolls around we always get someone who posts "Wheres the uplink today?"

So to answer that question now the uplinks happen anywhere from 1pm to 5pm ET. So if the channels you are expecting haven't lit up yet don't worry as Dish always does their uplinks in the afternoon.
Is Wednesday the only day anyone at Dish works?

Hmmm, uplink day has been going on for quite a while, yet today you create a sticky on it. Something special today, Scott? Viacom today? And/or something else?

I know some locals are due today.

Hmmm, uplink day has been going on for quite a while, yet today you create a sticky on it. Something special today, Scott? Viacom today? And/or something else?

I was wondering the same thing... It may be up to our imagination though!!! (scott and his crazy icons)

So Willy, who will get the golden tickets to the DishNet "chocolate factory" today??

We know there will at least be some people happy with new HD LiL's today... wonder if anything will be anything sweet for the rest of us as well?:hungry:

So Willy, who will get the golden tickets to the DishNet "chocolate factory" today??

We know there will at least be some people happy with new HD LiL's today... wonder if anything will be anything sweet for the rest of us as well?:hungry:

If things go anything like the book only five people in the world will get anything at all and only one of them will end up happy - much like previous uplink days.

No it just seems like every Wednesday someone posts at 7am, "Todays Wednesday where is the uplink?"

And then I get a bunch of emails and PM's from users saying stuff like "Dish said my HD locals were going to be on today and they are not on yet so I am thinking of filing a lawsuit." type of stuff.

I don't know why Dish does these Mid afternoon uplinks instead of a standard time such as 6am which DirecTV does.

It would save a bunch of folks a bunch of typing. :)

Good point, Scott. I wish they would do what they used to do: just say they were coming Thursday.

I imagine no upper level engineer wants to show up at work at 4AM in Cheyenne to make sure any programming changes go according to plan.

Hope that "something special" includes SPEED HD.

It's also the last Wednesday in March for those waiting for their locals "due sometime in March".

(Erie, PA- hint, hint, freakin hint)

No it just seems like every Wednesday someone posts at 7am, "Todays Wednesday where is the uplink?"

And then I get a bunch of emails and PM's from users saying stuff like "Dish said my HD locals were going to be on today and they are not on yet so I am thinking of filing a lawsuit." type of stuff.

I don't know why Dish does these Mid afternoon uplinks instead of a standard time such as 6am which DirecTV does.

It would save a bunch of folks a bunch of typing. :)
OK, here is a question I bet you've never gotten on a Wednesday: How do you pronounce your surname?

OK, here is a question I bet you've never gotten on a Wednesday: How do you pronounce your surname?
Won Ka?
:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)