I've been BANNED from DBS Talk!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's a pretty outrageous claim you are making. I assume you have some facts to back it up.

Perhaps, "have the ability to read PMs" would be a better statement?
I wouldn't expect that someone actively goes through them but it would make sense that the owner would have access to any PMs that are sent. It's not like Google or Yahoo doesn't have employees that can read your email.

We have the "ability" if needed, but to me that is like listening in on a phone conversation and is just something that is not done and no, we do not ban folks for mentioning other sites unless it was hacker sites and I have never heard of anyone being banned for that from a PM and I've been Staff for quite some time... SatelliteGuys was founded on the principle of free speech unlike the above mentioned site.

We have the "ability" if needed, but to me that is like listening in on a phone conversation and is just something that is not done and no, we do not ban folks for mentioning other sites unless it was hacker sites and I have never heard of anyone being banned for that from a PM and I've been Staff for quite some time... SatelliteGuys was founded on the principle of free speech unlike the above mentioned site.

HERE HERE! I can second don's post! I have NEVER EVER heard anything like this coming from ths site!

Hey everyone,

I thought that this was a little bit of humor and kickin' around for fun. But, I don't think we should take it into a conspiracy show. We're not here for that. These are our friends.

If you want some juicy, meaty espionage stories, I can tell you a true one that will make your head spin around to see who is following you in the shadows and how far Big Brother is reaching into your life and your home. i.e. Secret service men in black suits and dark glasses, surveilance of your home and phone taps! Whoohoo!

Totally serious! It actually happened to me. To sum it up, you must be careful about the words you use in any dialog over the internet.

RADAR

That's a pretty outrageous claim you are making. I assume you have some facts to back it up.

Certainly I am not speaking out of my butt. I have facts to back it up. But if I were to post it, the post would be deleted and id be banned. Im surprised the post above was not already deleted.

HERE HERE! I can second don's post! I have NEVER EVER heard anything like this coming from ths site!

Really bob? You never heard of anyone being banned here because of a PM?

Do we really need to bring up your posts from your own personal sat site you made about what you thought of satguys?

Not trying to bring up an argument just stating the truth.

Certainly I am not speaking out of my butt. I have facts to back it up. But if I were to post it, the post would be deleted and id be banned. Im surprised the post above was not already deleted.

I call bs on you because I think talking out of your butt is exactly what you are doing. I think you should give us some facts, or retract your statement. It is unfair to the staff to make claims like you have without backing it up.

The staff know exactly what I am talking about, and for fear of being banned ill refrain from futher conversation on the matter.

If you so choose PM me and i will fill you in on the details. But I will not do it here thanks

I was ban from DBSTALK by their resident nazi. I have done a lot of bad things here. I overused a phrase like soon at DBSTALT and got banned I do that here all the time and nothing. Well is it time to ignore me or DBSTALK soon real soon--got banned for that soon

C'mon guys!

You know that your'e stepping the line here. Let's not make the moderator's job more difficult than it is already. You are taking this discussion too far. Let's pull it over to the curb before it gets ugly.

There are better things for us to discuss.

RADAR

The only admin who can read any PM is Scott since he is the site owner

Admins can only see a very small snippet of PM's....and for the person who said we ban people for posting other sites, I will say yes we have........those people would be spammers :)

Had a guy about 2 weeks ago who sent 35 PM's to various members for a spam website. That puts up a red flag for admins to see.

Anybody else who was banned from a PM usually had their PM forwarded to a mod from the member they sent the PM to :)

The only admin who can read any PM is Scott since he is the site owner

Admins can only see a very small snippet of PM's....and for the person who said we ban people for posting other sites, I will say yes we have........those people would be spammers :)

Had a guy about 2 weeks ago who sent 35 PM's to various members for a spam website. That puts up a red flag for admins to see.

Anybody else who was banned from a PM usually had their PM forwarded to a mod from the member they sent the PM to :)

Like the member who was banned for calling scott a name in PM? (about a year or so ago, and no one forwarded anything to anyone you know this) you know of it iceberg I am sure. Thats when the whole "Scott can read pms" was figured out.

And Admins can not only see a small "snippet" of PMS, using the cyblogin as user system scott has installed he can read anything the user can read. As can anyone who has "admin" status on the site.

And its not only spammers who get banned for posting sites :cool:

You can argue and debate it all you want but what I posted is what I said. I have nothing to hide

I am an admin here and I can see a snippet of PM's...and I could care less what people write in PM's :)

And since we got way off topic and the last page has been more of bickering, I'm closing the thread....I rarely close a thread in the FTA area but this one I am because its going no where

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)