I've got a strange problem with TV2 just shutting down at random times-->

Chuck In Ohio

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
Athens, Ohio
The receiver is a VIP722k. TV1 is fine, but TV2 will just shut down without warning. When I say "shut down" I mean it just goes to the screensaver/receiver is off mode where it flashes those tips about navigation and stuff on the screen.
If I happen to be watching something that I've recorded onto the DVR, when I press "select" on the remote control, it starts working again, but displays live TV. I then have to go back into the DVR menu, find what I was watching and resume it.
I have checked all of the connections at the receiver and made sure the antenna is straight up. I don't know what else to do as far as troubleshooting.
I hope I've explained this properly. Has anyone ever heard of this before? If so, what's the fix? And btw, this just started in the last couple of weeks. It may only do it once a day or it may do it 10 times in an hour. Like I said, random.
Thanks in advance.

Either it is going into inactivity standby or you have a neighbor with the same remote address turning the receiver off.

Does your neighbor also have dish?

You might also want to check your settings for the power off after a period of inactivity.

Our next door neighbor has DISH, but they've had it for years as have we and we've never had this problem before. I'll check the settings. Maybe they've reset somehow. Thanks.

Just to update- I spoke with my next door neighbor and he hasn't changed anything, but mentioned that he has just recently been experiencing the same type of problems with his TV 2, along with unexpected channel changes when he's not even touching his remote. Strangely enough, I have started having that happen as well. Maybe we both have another neighbor that has recently got DISH- but in our neighborhood the houses aren't that close and I don't see any new hardware mounted anywhere.

"You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop" .................

Just readdress the TV2 remote to a different remote address and see if it resolves the problem. If you need any additional assistance, please PM me. Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)