I've lost 110

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
Got up this morning and no 110.

I ran a check switch and 110 couldn't be found, so I cancelled out so it wouldn't drop it from my settings.

I've no idea which transponders I should check specifically, so this was kind of random. Checking signal on 110, transponder 15 gives me a brief signal at a strength of 17 then drops off. Transponder 19 gives a signal of 6. :eek:

119 & 61.5 are fine.

I have a Dish 500 with 2 LNBF's pointed at 119/110. I have a separate Dish 500 with a single LNBF pointed at 61.5. (Years ago, an installer added the 61.5 so I don't know if he upgraded/changed the 119/110 LNBF's to a twin or not.)

Anyways, these go to a DP34 and from it I have 2 coax's going to my 622 and 2 going to my 722.

This is going to 1 TV and the behavior is the same on either box.

Do you think my problem is aiming or switch?

This is really out of my league, so I may not be telling you what you need to know. Forgive my ignorance. I'm hoping some of you will tell me you're having the same problem, so it's not just me. But given I've seen nothing on the boards as of yet, I suspect it's me.

I get a signal strength of 38 (and a green bar) on transponder 18.

I'm leaning towards thinking this is an aiming problem. The dish hasn't been touched for years, but I understand things can change (trees, wind, etc.) Am I on the right track? Would I still have 119 if it was an aiming issue?

Update:

Since daylight arrived, I climbed up on the roof and discovered a limb had been weighed down enough by last night's rain that it was hanging in front of the dish. After trimming it back, 110 is back and 119 is stronger, too. I'd trimed the same limbs back about 3 years ago, but they obviously grow fast.

Many years ago (1997, I believe), my installer had hell putting up the 300 which was later upgraded to the 500. His compass was going crazy on top of my metal roof. The house is a single story, but it's peer and beam and it's pretty high off the ground (for cabin effect). The house is actually nestled in amongst tall trees. I have no idea how he got line of sight (I certainly can't see it). I live in the woods, literally. Until this morning, my signal reliability has been rock solid even in rain and wind. I'm just glad it was a limb that was easily reached. It's also easy to get up on my roof since my 50' OTA tower is ~ 1' away from the side of the house. I just climb up the side of the tower and step onto the roof. But it's also the reason I can't just go outside and get a glimpse of the dishes---I have to climb up there just to see the 110/119 dish.

Now for a real question. Can someone point me in the direction for a chart or something that tells me which transponders and/or spotbeams I should check for each satellite to ensure I'm checking the correct things? Yes, I'm aware of the master charts available on this and other sites, but aren't there specific transponders that I should routinely go to in order to troubleshoot?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts