I've Never Seen this ERROR before.

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
Upon turning on the 622, the following error popped-up. I've never seen it before. Channel up/down just brought up the screen again. Reboot fixed it. Anybody else ever see this?
disherror.jpg

If you tune to a set of channels that you do not subscribe to (like sports, HBO,etc. you will get that message. When you kept pushing the channel up and down, you was probably just going to the next channel in that package. If you would have punched it enough times, or brought up the guide you could have got out of it with out a reset.

If you tune to a set of channels that you do not subscribe to (like sports, HBO,etc. you will get that message. When you kept pushing the channel up and down, you was probably just going to the next channel in that package. If you would have punched it enough times, or brought up the guide you could have got out of it with out a reset.

I've seen the error to which you're referring and understand the purpose. However, this error is a little different. The error you're talking about tells you it's a channel to which you're not subscribed. I don't think this was the same thing. I had just turned off the 622 while I was on a channel that I'm subscribed to. I have AEP, so it would be difficult to have accidentally gone to a channel I'm not subsribed to.

I got that message when we were having problem with the HD channels from 61.5 TP19 and 23 here in Florida a few weeks back. It was because of no signal on that channel. Haven't seen that error since then.

Yes, I've seen it. The way to get out of it is to hit menu, then guide and it will bring up your guide (the guide button won't work straight from that error).

I've seen this too and is quite annoying! Seems its mainly on the Voom Channels! Its also the ones that I do subscribe to, if u will hit cancel or ok then immediately hit the guide sometimes the video will go ahead and load on the small pop up screen in ur guide then just hit select to view the program, other times it will not load and u need to select another channel from the guide! What a pain! :rolleyes:

This error has been happening on both my 622's mostly whenever I switch to an OTA channel, occasionally on the other box on a local from 61.5 and its quite annoying!

It is a PAT/PMT Error. It is saying that you are trying to look at one transport stream but you really wanted to look at another. This happened to me a week or two ago because my stored lnb drift values were off by 32 Mhz on 129. I fixed it by a check switch.

This error has been happening on both my 622's mostly whenever I switch to an OTA channel, occasionally on the other box on a local from 61.5 and its quite annoying!

Got this error once after a power failure at the house. Just did the soft reboot (hold power for 15 seconds) and it went away :)

Any Solutions?

OK, I've read where various folks have received this error message for various reasons, but nothing specific to any one problem. Has DISH offered any solutions?

P.S. --- I know, I know, I'm expecting the "Are you Kidding" replies...

I had that one a few weeks ago on Cinemax-HD and a couple of the Voom channels. It eventually went away on its own. If it hadn't, I would've rebooted the 622. (This happened only a day after I had to reboot my 622 because it lost all its local channels for no reason. I don't know if there's a connection. The local channels didn't produce this error, they just disappeared altogether.)

I get this all the time when it autotunes or I directly select an OTA channel from either a sat channel or another OTA channel. I suspect it is trying to use the OTA tuner and can't because it is already in use. I usually channel down to a sat channel and then hit swap and it always switches to the last OTA channel I used. I then select the OTA channel I want but sometimes happens again. It never happens when I use the guide to change channels. I'm using a DPP44 if that makes any difference and this has been happening for a long time on both my 622s.

I got the error too when switching from a Sat ch. to an OTA ch. The audio would come through but just a black screen would show after clearing the message. I used the PIP to fix it. The guide wouldn't fix it for me. I'm glad I didn't have to reboot the box. What a pain. At least an error message comes up now. In the past no message would come up. I would just reboot the box. But now I will use the pip, and pip swap to fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)