Jackson, MS - HD

Someone

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006

Hi guys. Just curious if anyone else has encountered this problem. Used to be with TWC here in Jackson, MS. Around this time last year, I got an HDTV and upgraded to a SA8000HD-DVR. Well, no problems for the first month or so. Then, my DVR went on the fritz and had to be replaced. Next thing you know, I'm noticing a problem with the HD channels. Watching ALL the HD channels was like watching satellite during a heavy rain (major pixelation, skipping, etc.).

After having two techs come out to the house (TWC customer service is worthless here, BTW), I finally got a guy who knew what he was doing, or at least, knew what the problem was. He told me the problem wasn't isolated to my home, but it was a problem with the system itself (i.e. everyone with TWC HD channels was affected). But he didn't make it sound like there would be any quick fix.

With no other solution in sight, I switched to D* and got an H10-250. I have become a huge fan of Tivo, but am not such a big fan of D*'s HD offering (wish I'd known about HD-Lite before I switched). Also, I don't get any of my locals in HD yet. Don't get me wrong though, I do like being able to watch an HD channel without it skipping every five seconds.

I don't know anybody else here in town with TWC-HD service. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard of this problem. Maybe not specifically in Jackson, but in other markets. Just curious if this has happened elsewhere. Thanks.

I didn't have that problem, but I recently tried out the SA8300HD DVR from TWC. I can tell you that HD-lite seems to have infected the cable industry as well. TWC was definitely down-rezzing thier HD signals where I live. When I can get an OTA signal on my HR10-250, which is not reliable due to my location, it is clearly higher resolution than what I was getting over cable or from D*'s satellites. If you have an HR10, I would keep it and invest in an antenna solution that allows you to get OTA HD. Also, the new software is rolling out for the HR10 which makes it an even better Tivo. This, however, is not an option for me.

Ted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)