Jacksonville VOOMers!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JAX-DC5

Original poster
Jun 12, 2004
Greetz! Just wanted to see who out there in Jacksonville, FL has had VOOM installed, experiences etc.

Originally my install was 7 June. I called and they said they didn't have equipment yet. As of now, no update. I will keep everyone updated as things go!

Cya!

No Voom Since 16 June - No Replies To Phone/e-mails

Well, I was real excited about getting the set up. Installers finally made it out on the 15th of June to do an afternoon install (which they seem to make it a point that it wasn't in their book, even though our equipment was delayed). They did the install and didn't want to wait for the OTA to DL... Most SD/HD channels worked w/sound and all... No OTA that night at all. Next day VOOM DIED! Nothing, no signal, tried the big red button, unplugged the receiver for an hour and plugged it back in. Called 3 different phone numbers for help and sat on hold for over 3 hours and then got disconnected. Sent an e-mail to the help desk days ago and still no reply. :no But I will keep trying. I don't think my installers did their job completely.... seriously.

I had an excellent exprerience with my VOOM install. I was told the same thing about equipment shortage. To expedite things I had them put me on a standby list for cancellation. That worked and my install just happened in another 2 days.

I also did the preinstall of my own antenna system as I had everything set up for the installer so all he did was plug in the VOOM receiver and activate it. Took about 45 minutes.

I have a DVI connection but the installer did tell me that he has had 5 installs fail with DVI. I've been lucky so far.

If you need some contact numbers, send me an e-mail. I may have other phone numbers you don't have from the installers here in Jax. dlandis@scubatech.com

Thanks!

Ok, thanks Don. I sent you an e-mail. I took a look at my local channels and it looks like the majority of them are only 4 to 5 miles away...

:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)