Jailbreaking ios 4.3.1 w/out redsn0w or sn0wbreeze?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I ahve had no luck with either product. I did discover that redsn0w is not designed to work ona 64 bit OS but I have never been able to get either product to work on 3GS. Does anyone know of other products out there that might bea good alternative.

Please let's not fill the thread with posts about how one or the other worked for others. I am sure it did but the point here is to find alternatives that might work for those of us haveing problems with those products.

Jailbreaking and unlocking are two different things: the first is undone with an OS update, the second isn't.

In Europe jailbreaking is not only legal (and always was, without getting on the DMCA exception list), it is legitimate business.
You don't even have to go to Europe - Canada has this too (until they "see the light" and introduce its own DMCA; might take a while)
How to unlock your Canadian cellphone Rogers, Fido, Telus, Bell, Virgin, Wind, Videotron, Mobilicity, Koodo, Sasktel, BlackBerry Unlock

Diogen.

I have no interest in an unlock. Jailbreaking is legal in the US and that is all I want to do.

It worked for me on a 64 bit OS. Did you try doing a restore instead of an update?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

It worked for me on a 64 bit OS. Did you try doing a restore instead of an update?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Please read the second paragraph of my first post. Not trying to be mean and I realize that you are trying to help and I appreciate that. I just don't want the thread to go in an endless circle. Then again why should this thread be special.

Last edited:
I was pointing out that it is probably not due to you using a 64 bit OS as it worked for me on a 64 bit OS, therefor it must be something else.

Also, did you do a restore or an update? This may be the issue

When I first heard about redsn0w I was enthusiastic. After several hours of trying to get the jailbreak to work, consulying friends who had gotten it to work, and asking for help in an open thread that was discussing it I did some research. That research showed that resn0w often does not work on 64 bit OSes. So I tried an alternative jailbreaking method---sn0w breeze and there too I had problems.

At that point i decided to see if there were other alternatives available. I made the mistake of posting here but asking people to restrict their comments to alternatives rather than tell me how it worked for them. I should have known that this method never works. Threads seldom stick to the original path intended by the OP and there was no reason to think this one would be any different.

no offense to Dodgerking. As i pointed out earlier I know he is trying to help but I am looking for answers elsewhere and while I have not found the third path yet I am at least aware of some alternatives that appear to be on the horizon.. I hope the mods will simply close this thread. It was a bad idea to begin with and I apologize to the board for trying this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)