January 25, 2006 - Uplink Activity

wow a lot of fun and interesting stuff. What's with all the m01,2,3,4 etc. are those hd locals and they got lazy and didn't use the call letters?

RandallA said:
According to lyngsat.com 12.384 MHz is conus.

Interesting. There is a conus TP defined in the NIT. Then, there are these 6 other TPs defined at 12.384MHz with those test channels. The names seem to be from their uplinks, ie. CHY is chyanne, MTJ is Mt Jackson, etc.

HokieEngineer said:
Interesting. There is a conus TP defined in the NIT. Then, there are these 6 other TPs defined at 12.384MHz with those test channels. The names seem to be from their uplinks, ie. CHY is chyanne, MTJ is Mt Jackson, etc.

Probably preparation for EchoStar 10.

HokieEngineer said:

MON is Monee?, for the Chicago Uplink Center off of Harlem ave and Steger Rd. Only 15 min from me :) When I went by it today it looked liked the big dishes were pointed at 129, allthough it could be possable that its pointed to 110 (with a dish that big its really hard to tell :) )

Bob I wouldn't be so sure of that. Where do you have this confirmed.

If Dish gave everyone the SuperBowl in HD to everyone the affiliates would kill.

goaliebob99 said:
Guys Its Been Confirmed Dish Will Have The Superbowl In Hd! On Channels 240 And 250 By Epg Data On The Channel :) Happy To Bring You Good News :)

Yeah, but who will actually get the channel(s)?

Could be that O&O waiver thingy much the same as CBS HD.

Yup that does not prove anything.

As I said maybe folks in ABC O&O areas will see it, but most people wont (and for those that live in ABC O&O areas chances are they get it off the air anyways.)

Yeah, the provider name says "WABC HD for Super Bowl only" and " KABC HD for Super Bowl only".

The keys being WABC HD and KABC HD. You have to qualify.

Last edited:
Scott Greczkowski said:
Yup that does not prove anything.

As I said maybe folks in ABC O&O areas will see it, but most people wont (and for those that live in ABC O&O areas chances are they get it off the air anyways.)

hey speak for yourself, I live in Santa Clarita outside of LA and can't get a single OTA channel.