JB iPhone will not boot up

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
My JB iPhone (3.1.2) was act funny so I was attempting a reboot. I get the apple logo for about 5 sec then it goes away. I don't even get the beeps from the phone, or the connection sound from my computer when I connect the usb cord. Any ideas, other than restoring? Hate to lose my JB. Been a crappy couple of days for me and electronics.:mad::rant:

Yup. Thats what I would do. :)

You will also be able to restore using your last backup as well. The onlything that wont be restored are any programs downloaded from Cydia.

What firmware is on it now ? Still running 3.1.2 ? Everything I've read (admittedly, for iPod touch, not the iPhone) says that 3.1.3 did NOTHING except break jailbreaking (for a while).

Hopefully the Spirit author won't find his door busted next time he gets home...

Diogen.

Do you need cydia?

Can you still sync with iTunes?

What features are added? Can you use these new features without Cydia?

You need Cydia if you want any of the cool apps that you can install only while jailbroken.

Yes you can still sync with iTunes.

Actually, the only purpose for me to jailbreak would be for tethering. Since you cannot tether, then there is no reason for me to do this now.

What iPhone? Unless it's a newer 3GS, nothing stopping you from restoring exactly what you've got right now (3.1.2, then restore backup, then jailbreak and go from there)

As noted, Spirit works on 3.1.3 for the newer ones.

What iPhone? Unless it's a newer 3GS, nothing stopping you from restoring exactly what you've got right now (3.1.2, then restore backup, then jailbreak and go from there)

As noted, Spirit works on 3.1.3 for the newer ones.

I have already restored to 3.1.3 and re jail broke with Spirit, but could you explain the steps your talking about please. thanks.

MyWi app from cydia works pretty well for tethering via wifi...it bridges your 3G data directly to the wifi radio in the iphone creating a mobile hotspot for your laptop, ipad, ipod, etc.

MyWi does not change your carrier profile settings...so it would be harder to at&t to know your "tethering". I am NOT saying they can't figure it out...it would just be more difficult.

MyWi app from cydia works pretty well for tethering via wifi...it bridges your 3G data directly to the wifi radio in the iphone creating a mobile hotspot for your laptop, ipad, ipod, etc.

MyWi does not change your carrier profile settings...so it would be harder to at&t to know your "tethering". I am NOT saying they can't figure it out...it would just be more difficult.

Which JB are you on?

I had a similar app for Windows Mobile and found it didn't work well when travelling. It seems like it needed to refresh the connection everytime I changed towers. How well does MyWi work while driving (or should I say, being driven>>)

I had a similar app for Windows Mobile and found it didn't work well when travelling. It seems like it needed to refresh the connection everytime I changed towers. How well does MyWi work while driving (or should I say, being driven>>)

I havent had any trouble with it while driving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts