Jericho is renewed for 7 more episodes

But how would you solve a plot line like the destruction of the U.S. by home grown terrorists in 8 episodes? The whole plot of the show was for it to go on like in Lost, for quite some years. I don't know how they will wrap it up, but I hope it involves more national coverage and less soap opera Jericho small town coverage. I would love to know how the rest of the world fared in comparison to the U.S. after the bombing. I mean no United Nations troops came in to the country? No foreign countries tried to invade us? These questions have been in my mind since the show started and have yet to be answered.

But how would you solve a plot line like the destruction of the U.S. by home grown terrorists in 8 episodes? The whole plot of the show was for it to go on like in Lost, for quite some years. I don't know how they will wrap it up, but I hope it involves more national coverage and less soap opera Jericho small town coverage. I would love to know how the rest of the world fared in comparison to the U.S. after the bombing. I mean no United Nations troops came in to the country? No foreign countries tried to invade us? These questions have been in my mind since the show started and have yet to be answered.

Ultimately I think CBS is just throwing its fans a bone. They don't really expect it will continue beyond the seven episodes, and when it ends up with low ratings they can say, "we gave it a chance," and then sayonara.

Good point..... For those that missed what the fuss is about go to http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/episodes.php?episode=1 and click on the link to watch the full episodes from the start....

Full season on DVD 9/25 as well......

Now that we've "saved" the show collectively, time to start begging anyone and everyone to watch it (especially if you know any Nielsen families) to try and keep it on the air.

I can't agree more....this is a JOKE.....8 epis.....

Lets just make it simple them....Hawkins detonates is nuke...Jericho and New Burn are no more....

That woul be a more fitting ending....or do you like kissing your sister? :eek:

Guess things will all depend on which time slot CBS puts the show in. You would think with the publicity the show has received over the past couple of months the show is primed to have big ratings next season. Hopefully CBS will put it in at 10p.m. est time slot.

Awesome, awesome, awesome! Goes to show the power of the internet, now if only we could get this kind of passion directed at politicians maybe something would actually get done! !

Do we always have to include POLITICS ?

Do we always have to include POLITICS ?

It was just a passing comment based on the internet response to this. I suppose I shouldn't have said politics, I should have said "more important things" which is really what I meant.:rolleyes: (In 400+ posts that was I think my 1st mention of politics at all, and I don't go near the pit :D )

It was just a passing comment based on the internet response to this. I suppose I shouldn't have said politics, I should have said "more important things" which is really what I meant.:rolleyes: (In 400+ posts that was I think my 1st mention of politics at all, and I don't go near the pit :D )

More important things, like raising enough outrage to get Paris Hilton thrown back in Jail :D

I can't believe that THIS is what America is fixated on..... Paris Hilton, a rich spoiled brat.

Whatever, wake me when real news comes back....

Good news to hear Jericho is coming back for the 7 or 8 new shows...

When do they plan on showing the new episodes? When they say mid-season does that mean like next year some time?

It will be a mid-season replacement - put in a timeslot for a new show that fails.....

Supposedly the order can be upped to 13 episodes if the first few are well received (aka the ratings are good enough)....

They cut the budget for them, which means that a few supporting cast members may go away. Also several writers moved on when the show was originally cancelled so we'll see if they come back....

It will be a mid-season replacement - put in a timeslot for a new show that fails.....

Supposedly the order can be upped to 13 episodes if the first few are well received (aka the ratings are good enough)....

They cut the budget for them, which means that a few supporting cast members may go away. Also several writers moved on when the show was originally cancelled so we'll see if they come back....

A 13 episode order would be much better.

I hope the soap opera writers don't come back. ;)