"Jerky" Video Quick Fix

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
I have used the following method about 9 times, and it has always worked to get rid of the jerky or "stuttering" video:

1. Press Swap.
2. PIP 3 times to have side by side PIP.
3. Press Swap again to have original channel the active one.
4. Press PIP one more time for full size video.

If you skip step #1, sometimes it works, but not always. I have found that swapping it first always works.

And no, for some reason, if you just swap and then PIP to the first small screen and then Swap back and press PIP 2 times for full video, that won't always work either.

Somehow, side by side--after swapping--seems to be the key that always works.

I don't know what to tell you folks who are in Dual mode. Does this problem even occur in Dual mode?

The last couple of times that I have had this happen to me, I pressed guide. The video does not "Stutter" in the guide window. After entering and leaving the guide a couple of times the stutter stopped.

I don't use PIP because I'm in Dual mode. But what I do it go into HD setup. Set the resolution to 720 then set it back to 1080. That generally fixes it for a while.

I can't believe that D* hasn't fixed this yet. I guess Charlie and all the Execs at Dish have 922's at their homes by now. If they had 622 and 722's they would stand for this ____ for 5 minutes!

I have tried all these solutions and they work for a short time. I have to do this 3 or 4 times a day. No problems on the 720p setting, so I'm going to leave it there till they fix the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)