JIPPED Again!

There is no "Heidi rule" per se.
The fact that the network's (NBC if memory serves) switch board was bombarded and actually jammed with inbound calls from angry people in both the New York and Oakland,CA markets.
Even though this was a AFL game, the NFL changed it's policy to allow a game in the respective markets of the two teams be shown in it's entirety.
Cutaways are still permitted.
A few years ago, former 60 minutes host and CBS news anchor Dan Rather wigged out when an NFL game ran long and delayed his CBS Evening newscast.
The bottom line is the NFL is king when it comes to netowrk programming.

This thread is not about the Heidi Rule or Heidi Game or Heidi anything. It is about Dish Networks lack of capacity to show scheduled HD games in their entirety. The Heidi talk is just clouding the issue.

This thread is not about the Heidi Rule or Heidi Game or Heidi anything. It is about Dish Networks lack of capacity to show scheduled HD games in their entirety. The Heidi talk is just clouding the issue.
OT:

You must be pleased by how well you Giants have played thus far? Thanks to their pitching, they may be contenders, despite being one of the worst offensive teams of all time.

I am disappointed by the Dodgers bullpen blowing games. 2 of their last 3 losses were a direct result of them blowing the lead in the 7th or 8th inning. Even without Manny they are still scoring as many runs as they have with him. For some reason their bullpen has gotten worse.

There is one thing we can check out. The Nats and Giants are in HD tonight on CSNBA and MASN on Direct. See if it is on Dish as well. It should be as there are only a handful of games today (so bandwidth should not be an issue). It just now came on here on Direct. Watching it now (currently showing a Mazda commercial).

Now the two stoners (Krukow and Kuiper)

OT:

You must be pleased by how well you Giants have played thus far? Thanks to their pitching, they may be contenders, despite being one of the worst offensive teams of all time.

I am disappointed by the Dodgers bullpen blowing games. 2 of their last 3 losses were a direct result of them blowing the lead in the 7th or 8th inning. Even without Manny they are still scoring as many runs as they have with him. For some reason their bullpen has gotten worse.

Worst offensive team? Giants lead the league in infield hits! lol Actually, not too worried about offense. With Bochy, their ground game is improving and slightly fewer stranded runners than in past years. If Giants need a slugger come July, they'll get one.

Dodgers defense had some problems as well, I thought.

There is one thing we can check out. The Nats and Giants are in HD tonight on CSNBA and MASN on Direct. See if it is on Dish as well. It should be as there are only a handful of games today (so bandwidth should not be an issue). It just now came on here on Direct. Watching it now (currently showing a Mazda commercial).

Now the two stoners (Krukow and Kuiper)

No problem here. Dish would list it as "(JIP)" in the program guide if there was going to be a problem. Wathcing now.

Little secrect of mine: I watch SF games 49% for the Giants and 51% for the Kruk & Kuip Show!

Worst offensive team? Giants lead the league in infield hits! lol Actually, not too worried about offense. With Bochy, their ground game is improving and slightly fewer stranded runners than in past years. If Giants need a slugger come July, they'll get one.
I do notice they do get a lot of infield hits. :D
Dodgers defense had some problems as well, I thought.
Defense isn't an issue. They have Hudson (3 GG), Martin (1 GG), Blake (one of the best defenders at 3rd), Kemp (a future GG, probably playing the best CF so far), Loney (a future GG), and Ethier (a future GG). They haven't made many errors. Their pitchers have made some stupid defensive plays that cost them the game (such as yesterday with Burris's bunt). Field that bunt cleanly in the 8th and the Dodgers win in 9 innings. And the other stupid error by their rookie pitcher in the 8th in SF last week that cost them the game as well.

Just went and checked. The Dodgers are now leading the league in ERA (best pitching staff so far...surprises me) and are 3rd in the NL in fielding.

Last edited:
No problem here. Dish would list it as "(JIP)" in the program guide if there was going to be a problem. Wathcing now.

Little secrect of mine: I watch SF games 49% for the Giants and 51% for the Kruk & Kuip Show!
As do I. Except I watch the Giants to root against them

As much as I despise the Giants (being a Dodger fan and all), Kup and Kruk are pretty entertaining. There are some teams that are difficult for me to watch because their announcers are so boring (Sox on NESN is one such team).

(As I am typing Willingham hits a HR).

BTW, I used to live in NoCal (Humboldt County) and before I lived there I didn't mind the Giants all that much. Once I lived there I realized how much they despize the Dodgers. KNBR talk shows would spend more time bashing the Dodgers than praising the Giants. Once I experienced their hatred for the Dodgers, I started to hate the Giants. There is a difference in the rivalry between them and us. Most Dodger fans can care less about the Giants. Giants fans hate the Dodgers much more than Dodger fans hate the Giants.

(As I am typing their weak hitting 1st baseman, Ishikawa, makes a great catch)

Well they sent this viewer a game from another RSN. So while your statement is not false, it does not mean that Dish will send the correct programming!

correct. It isn't false. It begins and ends right there. Dish has no control over programing provided to them.

correct. It isn't false. It begins and ends right there. Dish has no control over programing provided to them.
It has nothing to do with what is provided to them. It has to do with what they choose to put up when there are too many HD games on at one time. It was in HD on Direct. And I have never seen anything on the guide here that states "JIP"

Loosen up dude, you're on the wrong track. The disscusion is not about the programming provided to them. It's about the programming Dish provides to subs and more seriously, a possible lack of satellite capacity.

Since no one has brought this up, I will. That is, when Dish was showing FOXOH programming to CSNBA subs, were they violating contractual obligations?

Get over it E* displayed a game until it was over then they Joined In Progress. That's life sometimes things happen that are not planned that way.

Displaying some game is better than the "Check back often..." screen. That's not the real complaint. Doesn't anyone read the thread before making useless posts???

It has nothing to do with what is provided to them. It has to do with what they choose to put up when there are too many HD games on at one time. It was in HD on Direct. And I have never seen anything on the guide here that states "JIP"

Ahh boy..
Look..you have choices. Since you say the game was available in HD through D*, then get D*....Ok..
sh*t happens. Did you want someone at the uplink center to take a rocket up to a satellite, chew up 32 tp's and sh*t out 64 just so you wouldn't miss 2 innings of the 32nd game of a 162 game season in HD?
All kidding aside. There are limits. Dish shows what they receive.
The HD feed became available after the game started and Dish showed what was scheduled. So what.
It's water under the bridge.
As time passes, more HD will become available. That's for sure.
I asked a our techie guy at work what he thought of my thoery which I say the techonology for recption has outraced the technology to show that content. He agreed with that statement.
We have really good audio and video stuff out on the market right now.
But the technology to get the best service to those components has lagged behind..
Patience.
We all have to endure a fair amount of inconvenience.

Ahh boy..
Look..you have choices. Since you say the game was available in HD through D*, then get D*....Ok..
sh*t happens. Did you want someone at the uplink center to take a rocket up to a satellite, chew up 32 tp's and sh*t out 64 just so you wouldn't miss 2 innings of the 32nd game of a 162 game season in HD?
All kidding aside. There are limits. Dish shows what they receive.
The HD feed became available after the game started and Dish showed what was scheduled. So what.
It's water under the bridge.
As time passes, more HD will become available. That's for sure.
I asked a our techie guy at work what he thought of my thoery which I say the techonology for recption has outraced the technology to show that content. He agreed with that statement.
We have really good audio and video stuff out on the market right now.
But the technology to get the best service to those components has lagged behind..
Patience.
We all have to endure a fair amount of inconvenience.
I do have Direct. That is how I know it was in HD on Direct. I was only commenting to point out that it was a Dish issue, not a signal feed or MLB issue.

By the way, the entire game was available on the SD RSN. Only the HD was JIP....
Duh. Have you seen the SD feed? Just a little fuzzy....

Why are people who obviously don't care about sports posting here anyway? It's a big deal to me. I have been waitin for friggin' years for Dish to go HD on my RSN. FSNBA was uplinked like 2 years ago. So finally we get some games in HD on a part time basis. Yay! Hold on though because Dish always f's things up.

I have been waiting to watch Lincecum in HD. Finally a game is scheduled in HD when T.L. is pitching. Since Dish doesn't have the space for all the Sunday day games, they don't get to the SF/LA game until the middle of the 5th. It reminds me of the commercial where the guy is selling hot dogs with no bun!

Allright, Dish is JIPPING the next A's game on CSNCA HD. This is getting too regular.

The next Giants's game on CSNBA is in HD, but not on Dish! Now I'm starting to get pissed off that Dish shows so few games in HD. Then thy JIP some of those.

Don't anyone tell me to switch because that ain't gonna happen. Charlie's Crew should pay attention though, because others may really go with DirecTV if this is the way it's gonna be with Dish Network and RSNs.

JIP

Now are they joining in progress or are you saying that they are running the wrong game on your RSN? You are confusing me as to what is happening here. BTW I had read the whole thread before replying. You are the one that seem to be making the statement of the problem rather obtuse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)