Joe Torre to manage Dodgers

GeorgeLV

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
Breaking news on ESPN, Joe Torre to be named manager of Los Angeles Dodgers.

Also, Yankees suck.

I can see A-Rod going to the Dodgers. Maybe Jorge Posada and Mariano Rivera will go their also because of Torre.
Don't bet on it...

Goodbye Joe it was nice, but all things come to an end. Let's see if you can win with another team now. :D

A-rod a lot of class there making the annoucement that you opt out right in the middle of a WS game...:up

And for what it is worth Joe G IMHO will be a better manager then Donnie baseball.

I also see ARod going to the Dodgers

I think he will want to see what the Cubs have to offer because he is very fond of Lou Pinella, his 1st manager. The OTHER heavy rumor I am hearing is that the NY Mets want Johan Santana...but Minnesota wants Jose Reyes in return. IF the Mets pull the trade, do not be surprised that they have a deal in the works for A-Rod already. Because let's face it, he LOVES the spot light of NY and HATES the spotlight of NY.....LOL. AND, that team is alot closer to making the World Series than most teams.....other than the Red Sox, even WITH their total collapse not to make the playoffs. AND they ARE one of the handful of teams that can actually afford him.

I think he will want to see what the Cubs have to offer because he is very fond of Lou Pinella, his 1st manager. The OTHER heavy rumor I am hearing is that the NY Mets want Johan Santana...but Minnesota wants Jose Reyes in return. IF the Mets pull the trade, do not be surprised that they have a deal in the works for A-Rod already. Because let's face it, he LOVES the spot light of NY and HATES the spotlight of NY.....LOL. AND, that team is alot closer to making the World Series than most teams.....other than the Red Sox, even WITH their total collapse not to make the playoffs. AND they ARE one of the handful of teams that can actually afford him.
He will never be a Met.. Too much crap happened before with him and them..

OK, where do they put Wright and Reyes as they are fan favorites here in NY and will never get traded..

The smart money says the Giants...

Listen...."fan favorite" ONLY mean something when the team is NOT a playoff contender. When you are as close as you are to being a great team...and you are ONE TRADE away...."fan favorites" become VERY expendable.

I am not hockey fan, nor do I think I know hockey....but when a team is will to trade Wayne Gretsky IN HIS PRIME....who happens to be one of the, if not THE greatest player of all-time....that ANYONE can be traded.

Ask Shaq...Ask Kevin Garnett...Ask Hershcel Walker...Ask Tom Seaver...

All GREAT PLAYERS close to the prime...and traded.....

Most of the press reports think that he may wind up with the Angels and there are reports today of the Mets. I don't see torre wanting him with the Dodgers---though that is not a done deal yet.

But I guess that nothing should surprise me. Heck maybe he will wind up at third for the Red Sox. They wanted him a tone time. They even signed him at one time.

Just to be a contrarian I will quess that he winds up as a Cub. They could use a shortstop---his old position----and just might put up with him to get his bat. but to be truthful I have no idea what will happen